Stiletto Workout?

Options
jadedone
jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
I was watching the new show on VH1 called, "Styled by June" and in the episode with Trina, they did a "stiletto workout."

It looked so hard. They were doing squats, lunges and all kinds of stuff in 5 inch heels. Wow! I bet it was a serious workout. Has anyone tried it?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    It's even harder in a G-String and using a pole. . . .
  • lgladybug
    lgladybug Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I saw that episode last night and it did look challenging. I saw one of my friends on MFP doing squats in stiletto's and she looks great. I'd like to try it.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I couldn't WALK in 5" heels let alone exercise in them! Pretty sure it would end with me limping home lol
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous idea designed for ratings. High heels pitch your body forward and out of natural alignment. Squats in heels?

Hard? yes. and stupid too.

Just because people do things, does not mean it's a good idea.

EDIT: recommended footwear for squats: FLAT, non-cushioned footwear; Vibrams 5-fingers are popular, as are Chuck Taylors. hmmmmm.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    Wow! Baby got back!!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    cocoasslucite1.jpg

holy crap, that's a huge *kitten*. sorta jealous, i don't have one.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    dang i can't even walk in heels. i couldn't imagine actually working out in them.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Is that Ice-Ts girlfriend.

I dunno, if you do normal squats and put 10 pound plates under your heels it supposed to do something or other...
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    EDIT: recommended footwear for squats: FLAT, non-cushioned footwear; Vibrams 5-fingers are popular, as are Chuck Taylors. hmmmmm.

Would these Chucks be ok? :wink: :laugh:
    converse-high-heel.jpg
  • Kimmie226
    Options
    That looked really hard!! I probably would fall flat on my face!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    sounds like an invitation to disaster to me.
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I agree--it does look like something that might result in disaster, or a visit from paramedics.

I think I saw once that Mariah Carey works out in stilettos. I think I'll pass on doing this!
  • kristi_asco
    kristi_asco Posts: 183
    Options
    i'll pass. i would definitely be the one to break both of my ankles pulling a stunt like this! lol
  • Rayjewls
    Rayjewls Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Actually it puts less pressure on your knees. On youtube look up darness123 he's a trainer in ny. He does lots of different things...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Actually it puts less pressure on your knees. On youtube look up darness123 he's a trainer in ny. He does lots of different things...

If he's working out in stilettos in NY, that's a whole nuther thread.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I have a burlesque workout DVD, and half of them wear heels... Guess they would add to my confidence :tongue: but i am a danger to myself no matter what kind of shoes I am wearing...
  • AussieMisfit
    AussieMisfit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Dr Google tells me raised heels cause greater reliance of the glutes and quads. I'd feel like a freak turning up to the gym in a pair of heels, but putting a weight under the heel seems like a it could be a good idea. I never seem to end up with sore butt cheeks and that's definitely the area I'm most keen to lift.
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    for my pole class, we have the option to wear heels if we want. It makes it sooo much harder, and you can definitely feel the muscles in your legs a lot faster.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Is that Ice-Ts girlfriend.

I dunno, if you do normal squats and put 10 pound plates under your heels it supposed to do something or other...

Yes it is coco or however she spells it