Strangest this you ever ate...

Options
2»

Replies

• shazzannon
    shazzannon Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Frogs legs, escargot, foie gras, ox, and lamprodotto (cow stomach). And they were all delicious. My semester abroad in Italy was basically a culinary tour of Europe. Oh, how I miss it...
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    Nothing I would call strange but I've eaten snake. It was pretty good.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    I will order anything on a menu that I haven't had before, with a few minor exceptions.

Alligator
    Octopus
    Frog legs - home caught for breakfast
    Caribou
    Moose

PS - I'm the Canadian guy from the previous post. :flowerforyou: I see you've met my wife. :love:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Habu (member of the cobra family; indigenous to Okinawa)
    Cat
    Dog
    Monkey
    Alligator
    Sea Urchin
    Goat
    Bear
    Rattlesnake
    Crickets
    Squirrel
    Sea Snails
    Moose
    Elk
    I could go on and on. I'll try anything. Anytime I pick up a menu and see something I've never had; that's what I order. I've had the good fortune to travel the world and found that one culture's pets are another cultures sustenance.

I'm with you. I'm not super well traveled or anything, but I do enjoy fine dining and always wanna try something new. Also, I'm from the south, and we eat random stuff sometimes. If you can fry it, we'll eat it. I've tried snake, elk, bison, rabbit, and frog legs as well.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    ah forgot the snake, pig & ox blood, tripe,cow intestines, fish head & eyes & varous other local delicaies but then we don't actually consider any of that weird just usual ingredients in noodle soup & roadside food.

Some burmese workers near our old house on koh samui stole my puppy & had her in a cage ready for the soup pot. thankfully i found her in time to save her from becoming dinner but had to deal with 7 very pissed off burmese guys, hongaray after a hard days construction work.

Sea Turlte is another one, didn't actually like that though as they are endangered but we were guests of a local bigwig so didn't really have any say in it.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    thats pretty gross i had cougar it was ground up like beef hamburger its real tasty. but yeah i don't eat strange things very often
  • MILICA1986
    MILICA1986 Posts: 172
    Options
    I've had this Mopane worms for a bet! :bigsmile:

mpana1.th.jpg
    mopaneworms.th.jpg
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    Smoked Mountain Lion, last week. Good but kind of tough.
  • catfish9
    catfish9 Posts: 138
    Options
    Reading some of these is making my skin feel all creepy-crawly. Eugh!

Does accidental ingestion count? If so, mine would be various insects- gnats, mosquitoes, and nearly a moth once. :tongue: