Need Help With Bridge!

Options
Okay, so for this bridge stretch, I can get my lower body off the ground...but my arms won't seem to stretch and my head isn't coming off of the ground. I have a good amount of upper body strength and flexibility, but I get stuck every time. Can anyone give me tips on this?

Replies

• Woolooloo
    Woolooloo Posts: 82
    Options
    I think it might be a mental block for some people, just try to do it in one fluid motion. I'm pretty inflexible and uncoordinated in a lot of ways but I can do a good bridge and was able to do one on my first try, maybe because I didn't realize it was hard until someone said it was. I know I have a mental block for being able to get into handstand position to do handstand pushups, I know my body can do it, but I just have not been able to. Go into it relaxed and just do it - and I'll try the same for my handstands :)
  • WinWinGo
    WinWinGo Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You mean the yoga pose, right? I can do it, but I'm not sure what to tell you. Try walking yourself down a wall with your hands. You should be able to get into position that way. Otherwise idk. I don't know if I come up high enough, myself.