damn dude you killed it looking good .... keep up the hard work my friend
  • jenjmurray
    jenjmurray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, keep up the hard work!
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Success!!! Awesome job...you look great:)
  • mom2scc
    mom2scc Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow!!! you look great!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    looking good ;)
  • jennyjennbug
    Options
    way to go you did a awsome job
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    woot look at you great job!
  • Savvydawn
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • Apa93
    Apa93 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but noticing your hair has mysteriously rotated around your head since you've lost weight :P
  • jackieo9033
    Options
    You look great!!!!! Keep up the hard work...
  • tdaddybarlow
    tdaddybarlow Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Excellent job!!! Keep killing it, killer!
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I couldn't help but noticing your hair has mysteriously rotated around your head since you've lost weight :P

Yeah, the wife demands that I have hair. I prefer bald, makes me more aerodynamic but the hair is something she likes so its something I keep for her.
  • Prettypiglett
    Prettypiglett Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    awesome weight loss :)
  • mrsrobinsonlauraj
    mrsrobinsonlauraj Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow...you look amazing...you must feel so good about yourself and you should! :smile:
  • kiranicsmom
    kiranicsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting...so inspiring! Keep up the great work!
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    Yes, thank you for posting. I'm doing about the same transformation you did and just now starting to realize this may really happen. Seeing that you did and the pics you posted certainly helps. Do you mind me asking if you did any special form of diet and excercise?
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Yes, thank you for posting. I'm doing about the same transformation you did and just now starting to realize this may really happen. Seeing that you did and the pics you posted certainly helps. Do you mind me asking if you did any special form of diet and excercise?

I kind of just wing it. Just kidding. I tend to follow the concept of metabolism spiking, but my own version of it. I really only work out 2-3 times per week. usually cardio with a dab of strength training in. I box a lot, it is a good stress reliever and I do that with interval training; go full force for 2-3 minutes with 30 second rest breaks (used by boxers to simulate a boxing round) I do the elliptical, play basketball and yoga... Yes yoga... Yoga is for big people too, my flexibility and back is so much better because of it.

In regards to my metabolism spiking I tend to just review the trend of what I am eating and change things as I see fit. For example, if I plateau and I have been meeting my calories daily for the whole week I will take a "fasting" day where I go down to 1200 or so calories by eating nothing but lean meats / veggies/ fruits. Then the next day I will go back to meeting my calories or I will try it two or three days one way then switch to another. It is usually not by design but I will generally focus on one goal for the week, if that doesnt work I switch.

I enjoy ice cream, cookies, candy. I have eliminated the big chain fast foods like mcdonalds and burger king but I still enjoy pizza, mexican food and so forth. The key is moderation and making the best choices. I switched to zero calorie sodas and I try to limit those but I am a caffeine fiend. The key is to meet your calorie goal, your goal may be high that day or low the next.

I tried in the past too "diet" and what I got was unreasonable expectations. Even doing this I have an obvious body image problem, I still dont see myself as losing that much even though I am rewarded daily with co workers comments or from the wife / family.

Myfitnesspal does what it does for me and that is why I call it myfitnesspal "guilt" tracker because it holds me accountable. If i don't put it in, for me that is just lying to myself. If you look at my diaries you will see ridiculous things like altoids and gum and 2 calorie coffee servings, but to me this is therapy. I can see what I am doing and I take responsibility one way or another. I dont know how many times I went past my calories and then decided to go running or walking. Sorry for the long response !
  • DaddyofMEA
    Options
    Wow, gotta say I appreciate the honesty. This is what I've started to discover about myself, that I'm changing my life and I've got to be comfortable with it. I'm experimenting whith what is the text book thing to do and what is right for me to do. I'm starting to enjoy the excercise and dieting simply because now it's opening up for me instead of closing down around me. It's good to hear about and actually see results like yours!

Thanks again xayekim!
  • BlueJue2
    BlueJue2 Posts: 77
    Options
    You will do it, look at what you have accomplished so far!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!