Any tips for a flat/toned tummy??

Options
Hi anyone,
I've been counting my nutrition here for about a month now. My starting weight was about 137 and I'm 5'4", 25 years old. I never really watched what I ate too much, and I havn't really excersized regularly since high school. I'm don't necessarily have alot of weight to lose but I'm not as in shape as I used to be. Most of my problem of course is my tummy from above belly button to pelvis. My goal weight is 120 but more importantly having a firmer middle (I can't even suck it in anymore)
I've been watching what I eat and making choices for low calories but high in fiber and protein. On top of that I enrolled in a "boot camp" program for 6 weeks(3 days a week). I'm 3 weeks into the training and according to their tape measures i lost an inch in my waist (don't remember the other measurements) and my weight has not changed. I know that's not bad or anything, but I'm just so anxious to SEE a difference in my body(stomach) I hoped I would see more results after a month of drastically changing my eating habbits and 3 weeks of intense excersize. Was i being too hopeful to think that? I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice or tips on what else i can do or what i'm not doing or how long it took you to see results........ I'm just looking for some reassurance and advice from anyone with a similar situation or knowledge..... I'm not going to stop!
Thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!
Whitney

Replies

• LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    I noticed have lost alot of my tummy with running and doing abs and my diet
  • MyAngelAndMe2
    Options
    In the same boat as you Whitney. Bumping this up, so maybe we can get some answers :bigsmile:
  • skwhatley
    skwhatley Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    All I've heard is cardio, cardio, cardio. I do cardio and have been eating right since beginning of the year but only started exercising recently and I have lost an inch or two but the belly bulge isn't melting off the way I was hoping.

P.S. I'm also looking for answers...
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    do as much ab work and core strengthening as possible. in conjunction with your cardio, you really should see some results. specifically.... spend as much time during your day, holding your stomach "IN" you know, like contracting your muscles so that it feels like your bringing your belly button up and in towards your back. and hold that for as long as you can. do it all day long, every time you think of it. it helps. There is a book called the mummy tummy. look at the Borders website, they used to have a few pages that you can look at and it had good exercises for your core. maybe google core training also. good luck,:wink::smile:
  • mlatiolais
    mlatiolais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Core training is key. "In and Outs", Crazy Ivans, Crunches, Wide Leg sit ups (or cross legged)...all of that is really great.
  • cheli
    cheli Posts: 40
    Options
    personally, cruches have never really worked. I find that core exercises and an adequate amount of cardio work the best for me. Try to have as many of your other exercises you do include your core - for example I like to do bicep curls, sitting on the ball, with one leg bent at the knee so I am keeping balance on one foot. Or chest presses with your back on the ball. There are TONS of awesome leg exercises you can do on the ball while exercising your middle at the same time. Try to incorporate the ball and bosu as much as possible to modify your exercises if you can. You'll be in LOTS of pain in the middle even if you didn't do any exercises to specifically target ur abs.

Good luck!
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    You just have to lose weight. Eventually it comes off your tummy. Then core work can make your abs have definition.
  • Katy009
    Katy009 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone,
    I've been counting my nutrition here for about a month now. My starting weight was about 137 and I'm 5'4", 25 years old. I never really watched what I ate too much, and I havn't really excersized regularly since high school. I'm don't necessarily have alot of weight to lose but I'm not as in shape as I used to be. Most of my problem of course is my tummy from above belly button to pelvis. My goal weight is 120 but more importantly having a firmer middle (I can't even suck it in anymore)
    I've been watching what I eat and making choices for low calories but high in fiber and protein. On top of that I enrolled in a "boot camp" program for 6 weeks(3 days a week). I'm 3 weeks into the training and according to their tape measures i lost an inch in my waist (don't remember the other measurements) and my weight has not changed. I know that's not bad or anything, but I'm just so anxious to SEE a difference in my body(stomach) I hoped I would see more results after a month of drastically changing my eating habbits and 3 weeks of intense excersize. Was i being too hopeful to think that? I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice or tips on what else i can do or what i'm not doing or how long it took you to see results........ I'm just looking for some reassurance and advice from anyone with a similar situation or knowledge..... I'm not going to stop!
    Thanks, and good luck to everyone else!!!
    Whitney

Try adding a pilates workout a few times a week.