Plain Greek Yogurt?

Options
shaycat
shaycat Posts: 980
I just bought some, but dont know what to do to make it taste better.
I put some honey in it today and that was good.
Any other ideas?

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Preserves!
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Smuckers sugar-free seedless blackberry jam tastes awesome with plain Greek yogurt.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Some fruits and protein powder to make it a smoothie/shake?
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    blueberries, strawberries, honey and a quick whir in the blender. yummy!
  • MysticalCupcake
    Options
    I like putting strawberries in my plain yogurt. Honey is my favorite add-in, though.
  • jan5555
    jan5555 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I add blackberries or raspberries (chopped up a bit to release the juices), plus either some walnut pieces or granola for some crunch. I I usually use fresh berries, but if I use frozen, it turns it into an "almost frozen" yogurt!
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
  • RedSunshine365
    RedSunshine365 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah..how could I forget..my current morning ritual is making a smoothie which consists of 2/3 cup Greek plain yogurt, 2/3 cup plain Kefir yogurt and 1 cup of frozen mixed fruit (mangos, peaches, strawberries, pineapple). Toss it in my ninja blender and I have a filling breakfast to drink on the way to work.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Honey is my favorite add in as well. I added 4 strawberries, half a bananna, and some pineapple and made a smoothie! So yummy!!:drinker:
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I add a couple packets of spenda and eat it like that almost every morning. Love it. :)
  • Time2getFit4Life
    Time2getFit4Life Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I like using it as sour cream so I put it on my salads and potatoes. When I want something sweet adding honey or granola does the trick!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    If you eat breakfast cereal you can add the yoghurt instead of milk and some fruit as well, just yummy.:flowerforyou:
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    I put honey and cereal in my morning greek yoghurt.

But if you want to try it a savoury way, try adding fish sauce, brown sugar, ginger, coriander and lime juice. YUM.
  • glyncoco
    glyncoco Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My roommate and I are trying putting a bit of applesauce in. So far so good!
  • noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Fresh berries & Stevia ~ yummmyyy!!!!
  • kimharrison22
    kimharrison22 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Make veggie dip! Just add some packaged dip mix. It's healthier than sour cream and so good!
  • imafatloser
    Options
    Fresh berries & Stevia ~ yummmyyy!!!!

^^^This^^^
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I have been mixing it 2 to 1 with "light" vanilla regular yogurt. 4 oz regular and 2 oz plain greek. Sometimes I will add a few berries and 1/8 cup of plain granola if I need something a little more than just the yogurt.
  • Jyster
    Jyster Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    when my ex left she left behind this pampered chef Hazelnut-mocha sprinkle mix. at 15 calories a serving it really spiced up the yogurt and as an added bonus she can't have it back now :P Seriously tho, the mocha flavor went really nice and the chunks of hazelnut were awesome!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    LOVE the taste of it plain :D Ilike it more than the flavored!

I have seen a friend mix it with sugar free coffee syrups, so you can get punkin, coconut, chocolate, salted caramel yogurt :]