need advice on setting mini-goals!

Options
im coming back for more!

i lost 18lbs from march-july last summer working out 6 days a week and eating 1200 calories a day
i couldnt keep it up and i feel into disrepair:angry:

now i know i need to do something i can stick to for the rest of my life, so im easing in with 1680 calories a day (1lb a week weightloss) and 3 days a week a 20 min cardio (w/ weight training worked in i.e. tae bo)

im planning on moving to 1400 calories and 3-5 days a week of 30 min of cardio at my half way point..i wana lose 60lbs

SOO MY QUESTION ISS...

what are reasonable monthly mini goals??

when i was doing it extreme i only lost 8lbs the 1st month and 4 lbs every month after that...then i stopped losing weight- it definatley lead to my giving up.

i know i won't be losing 2lbs a week like clock work even if i dont do anything wrong, so how much can i expect to lose after the initail 10lbs that will fall off the quickest??

i've noticed that alot of people have mini-goals set on their profiles and i wana do it on mine too!
help me out!

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,923 Member
    Options
    I set a goal of losing 4 pounds in a month.

The most important goal I set for myself is to keep doing what I'm doing and stay open minded to new ideas.

Every morning when I get up I reaffirm my goal to eat healthy and continue with my exercise. I express my gratitude for continuing to be willing to live this healthy way.

If I'm going to do this the rest of my life then there's no hurry to race for the finish line. I take baby steps toward healthier living.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    My goals right now are at about one pound a week. My overall goal is 50 pounds in 52 weeks, knowing that some weeks will be awesome and I'll lose big and some weeks will be crap. Whatever you set, you need to make it something you can stick to for the long haul! And if I fall short of a goal, I've learned that I cannot beat myself up. The scale does not define me or even give a complete view of my overall progress. It's just a tool to assist me on keeping track of my goals. Best of luck and motivation to you! :flowerforyou:

I highly recommend taking your measurements now if you haven't already! There are some times where I don't lose and I decide to measure and I'm pleasantly surprised by the results!!!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant last time, I lost 45 lbs in 9 months, so I like to do 5 lbs/month as my goals.
  • LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    My own personal goal is 1 lb. a week or 4-5 lbs. per month, knowing there will be good and bad weeks. I really feel, though, that inches are more important. But that's just me :)
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    5 lbs sounds good! thanks everyone!