HUGE Appetite! Need HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• buckeye86
    buckeye86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, the huge appetite happens to me too! In fact, it seems to sabotage all my efforts -- just when everything seems to be going good, the appetite hits in a bad way. On some days sticking to my goals is easy and some days it seems impossible.

So this last month, after tracking everything I ate, I made a graph and tried to look for patterns. I checked if it happens after I have low calorie days -- no. I checked if it was on the weekends -- no. Then I found a female hormone graph and to my amazement, my appetite surges coincide to when progesterone levels peak. All of the days where I went over my calories like crazy happened at that time. Here's the link to the graph in case you want to check when your "overages" occur, who knows, it might be happening to other people besides me: http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/wwwhuman/MCycle/images/Mcycle.GIF

I've been trying to figure out what to do with this information. I don't think I can white knuckle my way through it, that hormone is stronger than I am :( So for April, I'm trying to reduce my caloric intake throughout the month on the days that I can actually pull it off, and then bank those extra calories to compensate for the crazy appetite days. I guess my approach is, "I can't beat it, but I can plan for it". I hope it works!

Wow, thank you for posting this! I knew my insatiable appetite issue was hormones and exactly when in the month it happened, I just didn't know which hormone. You're totally right, definitely progesterone! Sorry this is several days later, but I just noticed it and had to point it out.
  • Suzieqgirl
    Suzieqgirl Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing and would get mad at myself for not having control over myself of what I eat. So I finally figured out , I am a food addict. So in order for me to not have all these craving, I can nor eat sugar, bread or starches when I first start my diet. After three days the craving are not so bad and it helps me to stay on program.

So one of these days I'm going to slip and I hope I can come on here and get some support to stop and get back on track!