Only 1 pound!!

Options
Just weighed in and feeling a tad upset. I have really enjoyed tracking what I eat, almost to the point of obsession! Was expecting at least 2lbs and cannot believe that all my determination has resulted in just 1. It is not my first week of dieting, I have actually lost 10lb in a month which is good, but only had a 1lb loss last week also. Any tips would be gratefully recieved.
Cheers212078.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jenn_in_sj
    jenn_in_sj Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you hit a plateau. Try an extra 10 minutes of exercise a day for the next week, maybe? I lost 40 pounds years ago and I hit my "plateau" after about 15 pounds. Took another 2 weeks for me to start losing again. My body was telling me "woah, slow down"!
  • myabandit
    myabandit Posts: 21
    Options
    Your body is adjusting to everything that is going on.
    I always say a loss is a loss no matter what.
    Keep going your doing great.
  • Toddy67
    Toddy67 Posts: 24
    Options
    Thank you! I have put my dummy back in now and am ready to give it all I've got this week.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    When you first start losing you lose fast. Lots of water and recently-accumulated fat. Then things slow down and taper to a healthy weight loss and while it can be a hard psychological transition, keep in mind that time and time again studies have proven that the slow steady loss is the kind that you maintain in the long run :flowerforyou: