Two scoops or one?

If I do weight training 5x a week as well as cardio should I be taking 2 scoops of protein a day or just one?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,380 Member
    Depends on what you need each day to meet your protein goals. It's entirely possible to get adequate protein from regular foods provided you plan things out in advance. If that's difficult for you, or if you just enjoy a nice protein shake (I know I do), just use however much you need in order to meet your protein goal for the day on a case-by-case basis.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    What do you have your carb /protein/fat/macros set for in your food diary? I would recommend 40/30/30 for car/protein/fat and eat what is recommended in your diary or 1 gram of protein per lean pound of muscle.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Can you expound on some other details, such as how much you weigh and how much protein you are getting on average already perhaps? That might help.

Having said that, I always go 2 scoops. I try to get 225g of protein a day though.
  • maverick48
    maverick48 Posts: 69 Member
    More protein is probably better, but it depends on your goals...the general guidline I've heard is one gram of protein per pound of goal body weight. That is assuming you're not trying to cut too much. If you're more focused on losing/cutting you should probably go lower.
  • Taylerr88
    Taylerr88 Posts: 320 Member
    You can take anywhere from 0 to 100... just use them to fill in your protein requirement for the day. I personally feel real food is better.. but do w.e you feel is best for you.

if i take them after working out.. i usually always just do 50grams. which is usually 2 scopes. I try to maximize my MPS according to layne nortons research.. but thats just me