An Educational Success!

Options
songbyrdsweet
songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
Hey everyone! I miss you guys. I am SO BUSY these days. My ex is all moved out and I have the apartment to myself, but the cleaning/moving took some time. I have also been working at the lab like crazy this week, which is nice because I've reached a new level of independence, but I now have to do research outside of the lab too! I will be starting my second position for my internship in June, so I'll have to learn new stuff there. Sometimes it's hard to keep everything in my head! :noway:

Anywho, I do have weekends off now that I'm no longer in retail. :bigsmile: So I HAD to come by and tell you guys the good news. There are probably a lot of people who don't know me, but I'm hoping the regulars are still out there! :flowerforyou:

I am now a PhD candidate! :drinker: I have two professors that want to co-mentor me beginning in the spring. I'll be a fast tracker so I don't have to do the Master's thesis, and it should take about 5 years. Everything sort of fell into place because I had a lot of references and was very straight forward--I went directly to the prof I 'wanted' and we got along great. Then my best friend informed me that she needs a roomie until spring--so I have somewhere to live! (I get the master bedroom with the bath. :happy: ). Until then I'll be working in the lab and maybe substitute teaching if I need to. Then in the spring I'll be a research assistant before I become a teaching assistant in the fall. I am SO EXCITED!!!!!!

I hope you're all having a lovely Memorial Day weekend, or a regular lovely weekend!!

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! That is wonderful, WONDERFUL I say!!

WOOT!

WOO HOO!!!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

:smooched: :love: :heart: :smooched: :love: :heart:

:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:

Love,

Your biggest fan Jeannie:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Whew, you DID it!

smemotions20.gif

smemotions38.gif

Ok I am done. I think

:heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    smdance2.gif

Ok, NOW I am done!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    LOL :laugh:

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile:

Congrats, and welcome to the crazy-making, yet wonderful world of PhD candidacy!

:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    That's great news!!! Congrats!!:drinker:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    WOW, lovely! Specially since you've got the prof you wanted. Or he got you :happy: . Also great to skip the MSc and win some time. Just to prepare you for the business, http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php is good in times of trouble :wink: Best of luck :flowerforyou: and do keep us posted!:glasses:
  • MissesOfficer
    MissesOfficer Posts: 368
    Options
    Congrats! I just graduated with a degree in psychology on friday!
  • muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    I was wondering where you went off to :3 congrats on everything.
    Honestly, I dont even remember your username even though I could easily find out what it is. I just recognize your back..
    ;_; ;;;;...
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's wonderful- glad to hear everything has fallen right into place- funny how life works that way sometimes, huh? :smile:

I wish I could have skipped my Master's thesis... the thing nearly killed me! :explode:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that is so great :flowerforyou:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Too cool!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great!!!
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    good things happen to good people, congrats!:flowerforyou:
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! That is great news.:smile:
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yeay!!! I made it to 15 pounds!!!

23566.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! You should be very proud of yourself.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Awesome songbyrd! That's seriously amazing and you should be very proud of yourself. :heart:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats what accomplishment
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    I haven't been around, so i missed this until tonight, but congrats!!! I have learned lots just from reading your posts here. There are lucky students in your future :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!