HELP Want to eat eveything and cant find my motivation

Options
I was always a slender size 10 and over the last few years have gained about 3 stone :( I am hoping to get down to 10 stone 7 so that I can feel good about the way I look and be more confident, I also want to be able to play sport again and maybe get good and fit enough to compete! Finding it hard to be motivated , excercised and dieted for 2 weeks and put on 4 pounds!!! This week (3rd week) I have lost 3 pounds so no idea what is going on, is this normal?

Replies

• cantab11
    cantab11 Posts: 7
    Options
    I know what you mean by not being motivated. I have a thyroid condition and find if I have a bad day I can put on up to 2kg's in one day and then it takes me all week to lose it - I just can't seem to get into the groove. If you come up with any really good suggestions, I am all ears. I have only lost 21lbs in 2 1/2 months. Good luck I hope you find your motivation soon.
  • chrisfelstead
    Options
    I'll leave others to reply about diet strategy and give practical advice, however, I though I'd share something I think every time I get tempted to eat something naughty when I shouldn't (I allow myself treats!).

I always think "I may want a .......... now but in the morning am I more likely to think 'I'm glad a had a ............ yesterday' or 'I'm glad I've lost .........'."
  • jac1967123
    jac1967123 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi to lose 21lbs in 2.5 months is really really good well done.