Food logging on vacation? Also, hi, new here.

Options
kevglu
kevglu Posts: 13 Member
I'm going on a vacation in late June, going to Napa, California, my question is how do you handle logging foods on vacation? I plan on eating some mighty fancy foods, say Japanese Hamachi, Avocado and Asian Pear with Yuzu Kizami Emulsion and Dashi Gel... how on earth would I log that? I don't plan on being strict about calories, I understand a three day vacation will have little effect on me, but I would like to be relatively accurate in logging items even if I eat six thousand calories in a day. Any advice? And myfitnesspal is awesome, super easy to use effectively and the community here is totally inspiring, glad I found it.

Replies

• howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It is tricky, but if I have an idea of what it contains, I'll do the best I can to log each item separately and then try to estimate what is left. You'll never be completely sure, short of asking the chef for the recipe (not likely to happen), but you can get pretty close. At least, I've been able to. I do a lot of cooking myself, so I'm getting pretty good at eyeballing measurements and can guess how much of an ingredient I have. Sounds like a wonderful vacation though. Enjoy! Oh, and if you're looking for friends, feel free to add me.