loosing pounds but not inches lately

Options
I'm a little frustrated, I've been loosing pounds (at least a pound a week) and lately I'm not seeing the inches go down (around my waist and hips). What can I do to encourage them to go down too?

Replies

• hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    *bump :smile:
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    it's hard to tell because your not logging your food consistently. I am far from an expert but just from a general look it seems like your salt intake may be too high, and you could try adding more fiber rich foods.

be happy you are still losing pounds! I didn't lose any last week and I don't know why.
  • hahahollylol
    Options
    thank you. I'll try. oh, and some of those foods, are probably only correct in the calorie area. I wish this website would remember my foods better. But I think the fiber rich foods would be good. Today I am doing horrible in keeping away from the junk foods. :frown:
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Are you lifting weights?
  • hahahollylol
    Options
    not really lifting weights, but I do use them, when I do my indoor walks and I have a 20 pound almost one year old that I carry around and wear on my back, sometimes when I workout...and just during the day, when he's feeling clingy
  • purrr
    purrr Posts: 46
    Options
    i have been taking my measurements on the first of every month along with the weight lost during that month... at first i was losing somehow less pounds but lots of inches mainly in the waist and chest... then i started losing more pounds but less inches mainly in the hips and thighs... so for myself i've come to the conslusion that an inch in the lower part of the body is "worth" more pounds than an inch in the upper part of the body... it may not be valid for your body but generally speaking if you mean you have lost just a few pounds, then perhaps the inches are spread too evenly along the body so it may not really be measurable at a particular spot on the body like the hips or waist... just stick at it and the tape measurer will show some inches sooner or later :flowerforyou:
  • hahahollylol
    Options
    thank you :wink: