Does anyone use Springpad to organize recipes?

Options
ctychick
ctychick Posts: 43 Member
I love Springpad and use it for tons of projects I have going on in life. I can't, however, find an easy way to get my recipes in there easily. I end up doing a TON of cut/pasting. I think that might be the norm for most recipe org software apps out there, but I was wondering if someone out there might have a good system using Springpad. Thanks!

Replies

• ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hi - I use it a lot too - I just wanted to check you are using chrome as your browser and have the extension installed?
    it works pretty well - though i have to do a bit of copy pasting on some sites.
    also i think i'm using the recipe book template they have set up - hope that helps!
  • ctychick
    Options
    Hi - I use it a lot too - I just wanted to check you are using chrome as your browser and have the extension installed?
    it works pretty well - though i have to do a bit of copy pasting on some sites.
    also i think i'm using the recipe book template they have set up - hope that helps!

Thanks! Yes - I am using Chrome. As for the template, I'll have to look into that. I know if I'm using the app on my PC, I can choose to "add" an actual recipe with prompts for each component. Is that what you're referring to? If so, I guess I do many of my recipe searches on my phone and iPad and those apps don't offer the option to clip something as specific as a recipe, so it ends up going into my Recipe folder as a bookmark instead. I end up having a bunch of bookmarks piled up that I then have to go back and cut/paste. I was hoping there was an easier way. As it stands, I don't love how most of what you store in Springpad ends up just being a bookmark, rather than an image of the web page itself. Sometimes I feel like I should just go back to a regular bookmark system within my browser. It's actually fewer clicks!
  • ST99000722
    ST99000722 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i use the browser extension when on my laptop to do most of mine - you're right i don't believe that works from phone or ipad.
    hmm, not sure if there is an easier way if you are browsing using your phone etc ...
    i am not too familiar with "read it later" but perhaps that sort of thing might work better for you ....sorry i can't be more help !
  • devin_springpad
    Options
    Hi Guys - Just wanted to offer some info on Springpad that I think might help!

To add recipes from popular websites you can use the bookmarklet or the Firefox/Chrome extensions (can install from Settings > Resources. These should read most popular recipes sites as recipes, but if you have sites you clip from regularly that are reading as bookmarks, send me an email, and I'll see what we can do to change that: devin@springpad.com

You can also install a clipper on your iPhone or iPad to clip recipes when you are browsing on your mobile device
    http://blog.springpadit.com/2011/09/how-to-install-the-springpad-clipper-for-your-iphone-or-ipad/

Here's the link to the recipe notebook template:
    http://blog.springpadit.com/2011/10/springpad-notebook-template-the-recipe-notebook/

If you have any specific questions or feedback, please feel free to use the email above and send them my way. My name is Devin, and I'm here to help!
  • ctychick
    Options
    Hi Guys - Just wanted to offer some info on Springpad that I think might help!

To add recipes from popular websites you can use the bookmarklet or the Firefox/Chrome extensions (can install from Settings > Resources. These should read most popular recipes sites as recipes, but if you have sites you clip from regularly that are reading as bookmarks, send me an email, and I'll see what we can do to change that: devin@springpad.com

You can also install a clipper on your iPhone or iPad to clip recipes when you are browsing on your mobile device
    http://blog.springpadit.com/2011/09/how-to-install-the-springpad-clipper-for-your-iphone-or-ipad/

Here's the link to the recipe notebook template:
    http://blog.springpadit.com/2011/10/springpad-notebook-template-the-recipe-notebook/

If you have any specific questions or feedback, please feel free to use the email above and send them my way. My name is Devin, and I'm here to help!

Thanks Devin! Great support! I'm going to think about this and let you know if there are any sites I can recommend. In the meantime, is there any chance you'll have a clipper available for Android phones? I love my iPad, but I'm a die-hard Android girl when it comes to my phone.
  • ctychick
    Options
    Devin - I'm going to email you privately with a couple of suggestions/questions, but I wanted to post back here that the "Spring It" button worked beautifully in Epicurious. The only other recipe sites that I use regularly are Allrecipes.com and Cooking Light. I'm going to experiment with them soon. Thanks so much!
  • devin_springpad
    Options
    Hi Debbie! Thanks, got your email and sent reply (with an invitation you might like!). Just quickly here: you can clip websites using Android if you have the Springpad app installed. Simply click the menu button > Share and you should see Springpad on the list :)