Thank you!

Options
Monkeyrhea
Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
I have only been on here a week ( I apparently joined a long time ago, but don't remember) and I have fallen in love with MFP!!! I have already lost 6 pounds mostly by changing my diet. I am actually surprised that I am not as hungry as I was prior to joining. My main reason for posting this is that I was reading a post the other day about what everyone was going to do when they met their goal weight. There were a lot of people mentioning food that they were going to eat and someone else responded stating that you can tell who the true food addicts are. They are the ones that are rewarding themselves with food for losing weight and getting healthier. This was a real eye opener for me. I had it set in my mind that once I hit my first 10 pounds lost that I would run right down to the gourmet cupcake shop and stuff my face. Since seeing that response in the other post it has made a "light bulb" go off in my head. I have no desire to go to that stupid cupcake shop now and that makes me so extremely happy! So....whoever that was THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! Now I plan on rewarding myself with things that make me feel pretty (pedicures, make-up, clothing).

Again...thank you everyone! This site is amazing :)

Replies

• kelleybelly35
    kelleybelly35 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i so agree with you....we work too hard to achieve our goals
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • Slice1
    Slice1 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I read the same thread and thought the same thing. I originally thought I would reward myself with a big juicy cheeseburger. But I read the comment about food addicts and thought...that's me! I'm a food addict. And chances are I'll eat that burger and then think I can eat more. Going back to junk food is a slippery slope for me.

I think I will also get a manicure or some other reward. It will make me feel much better!!!
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I too was surprised that I wasn't as hungry as I thought I would be when I saw how many calories MFP recommended! Congratulations on losing what you have so far!

I still have slip ups every once in awhile..I will eat something not so healthy and then justify it by saying, " I did Zumba 3 times this week, I can have this treat!" Or, "I have a few calories left today, I can have this!" But it doesn't take long to slip back into not-so-good-eating-habits. I not as addicted to food as I am the feeling I have when I am eating something that taste fantastic ( i.e sushi, or steak). Last night I caught myself telling my husband how fabulous my sushi was several times and I felt happy...hence I believe the reason most people are food addicts to begin with! Sometimes it is harder to admit you "love" (insert your poison) then it is to change; however it's harder for me to change then it is to admit I love food (healthy whole good foods too, not just the "bad" ones)!

M
  • kproctor9
    Options
    You know I started out thinking like that too, but now I can hardly get down my regular meals, let alone trying to get down desert too. I have slipped up here and there myself and honestly, the food I used to love doesn't seem the same. My milkshakes and ice cream are sooo sweet I can barely finish a small one. I have decided also that I am not going back to those horrible eating habits. Instead, I will reward myself by getting a new pair of shorts or pants. I did this just the other day, and let me tell you I felt AMAZING!!! I was so excited inside to get into a smaller size and I knew that if I went and indulged myself in bad food I would have felt ashamed afterwards :( So, keep your rewards something that makes you feel good, not ashamed. Keep up the good work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!