Healthy Hot Drinks?

Options
Ok so today is my first day at work whilst using MFP and normally I would pop into Costa for a hot chocolate. Obviously I didnt do that today and opted to make myself a cup of peppermint tea. Although I love this drink, I know that in a week or so I will be wanting something different. Any tips on a healthy hot drink (I don't like normal tea)??

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    one envelope of Nestle brand hot chocolate is only 80 cals when made with water:)
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I usually had a skinny decaff cappuccino or latte if I went into costa or starbucks, or an earl grey tea (which is quite a bit cheaper to boot). Remember they have a skinny option on most of their hot drinks, just remember to treat it as part of your daily calorie intake.

At home, I have highlights hot chocolate as my evening treat drink (though I am trying to force myself to switch to natural cocoa powder to get shot of all the impure stuff), and have a drink called Caro from the health shop which is a mix of barley, chicory etc, and tastes really nice to me.
  • Slim_Donna
    Slim_Donna Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love a Costa skinny vanilla latte and it's only 92 cals. Cadbury highlights hot chocolate is 40 cals when made with water.

Oh,and welcome to MFP :)
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thank you
  • cleggyuk
    cleggyuk Posts: 1
    Options
    Green tea!
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I have a slice of ginger and juice from half a lemon add hotwater to that. I keep refilling with hot water until mid day and then add some red raspberry tea.

Keeps the metabolism going and I look forward to it every morning.
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Any type of Keurig brewed coffee with fat-free half -n-half and a Stevia in the raw....that's my daily morning wake up call! Only 20 calories because of the fat-free half -n-half.

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My options are dairy free since I am lactose intolerant

A mug of warm almond milk with cinnamon and nutmeg

hot chicken broth with lime juice, soy sauce and a dash of hot sauce (thai soup style)
  • maryjopatricia
    maryjopatricia Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Whole Foods has a Green tea with pomegranate and cranberry that I've come to love and rely on! Huge box of 80 tea bags, and I use them twice like my grandma taught me! With water it's ZERO calories. I add a touch of honey or raw sugar. After a week, you won't miss the other stuff ... sometimes we just have to take a break and it's amazing how the cravings subside! I was addicted to Chai lattes ... now, not at all :wink: Good luck! :drinker:
  • pj270764
    pj270764 Posts: 12
    Options
    Weight watchers hot chocolate is only 40 cals per mug when made with water.. Its lush and you feel like you've had some chocolate!!
  • Alicia_Monique
    Alicia_Monique Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I just like hot water with lemon! xD
  • Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Not as SWEET as a regular hot cocoa, but I make my own for a nighttime snack. It's more rich tasting than sweet. I heat 8 oz of Unsweetened Almond Milk (40 calories) in the microwave , and then mix in 1.5 T of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder and a little bit of sugar and then throw in a cinnamon stick!!!
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Twinings do a range of fruit infusions. I like the Strawberry and Mango best. I tried green tea and found it totally undrinkable!
  • splashwags
    splashwags Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Tazo makes a tasty Green Ginger Tea, I found a yerba mate tea with chocolate that helps with the sweet tooth but low in calories,
  • katB_83
    katB_83 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I have brought some Camomile and Spearmint tea with me today but will definately be trying some of your suggestions x
  • maryjopatricia
    Options
    ditto! :bigsmile:
  • maryjopatricia
    Options
    I just like hot water with lemon! xD
  • ThePunkHippie
    Options
    There are SO MANY different types of tea out there - I have over 100 different flavours
    There's black, white, green, red, herbal, & fruit teas. If you have a bulk store near you, check out their tea selection (& it would be useful, because you could buy only a few bags of each until you know if you like them or not)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    There are a variety of teas and coffees and both are healthy on their own (without additions like cream and sugar).
  • SweetSammie
    SweetSammie Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Chai tea bag and coconut milk, little bit of stevia YUM. I also like Good Earth Tea... it's very Chai like.