Weight Scale from Docs Office VS Home Scale

Hello All.

It appears that my weight scale ( and multiple scales I have had in the past) measures my weight at least 7-10 pounds LESS than I do at the doctors office. I am not really sure why that is. I obviously feel better when I see the weight scaled at home. Which weight scale do you go by?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    My Doctors office scale is over 4 lbs off. The Nurse told me it was because they have not had it calibrated lately. don't believe it just because it's a Doctors office. Go by the scale you have been weighing yourself with.
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    It always seems to me that the doctor's scale is off too. I haven't had a conversation with them about it, but I consistently weigh in higher when a nurse is looking over my shoulder.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    Same thing here. I just ignore the doctor's scale.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    the doctors scale should be more accurate than a home scale as they should get it calibrated often however they dont as 7lb here or there isnt going to make a huge diffence on an adult in terms of drugs or something (ok for relaly really really thin people it would) , my mums scales make me heavier than mine, my doctors 7lb lighter ... I dont care what the number is as long as its going down though!
  • dlwyatt82
    dlwyatt82 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Same here, but I honestly don't care if a scale is accurate. I only care if it's consistent, so I can track the changes in my weight over time.