Is it bad to be 1000 calories under?

Options
nashai01
nashai01 Posts: 536 Member
Hi I completed my food diary yesterday and based on the number of calories burned during my exercise routine I was 1000 under the calories that I was supposed to eat yesterday. Is this bad?

Replies

• lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    its not good

don't make a habit of it

eat!!!:bigsmile:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    There's always an argument on these forums as to whether you should eat back your exercise calories or not. However, I think most would agree that you should at least be eating 1200 a day (many would say you should net 1200 a day), and if you're still 1000 calories under due to exercise, you should probably eat at least some of those back as well.
  • Airbear3
    Airbear3 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    some say yes some say no...for me i want to be fit and healthy and look good so i say yes! you should be netting at the very least your BMR, its what your body needs to survive...if your not, then your not feeding your body or doing anything great for your metabolism! but i'm sure you'll get many opinions on this!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Even if you were to not eat anything for a couple days, it's not going to hurt you. There's actually a lot of people who have had great success with "intermittent fasting;" it can be a great way to have your body heal itself. When you consume food or liquid calories, most of your body's energy focuses on digestion, so if you are healing from a wound, for example, it could expedite the healing process to not eat anything at all.

Just listen to your body - if you're not hungry, don't force the food.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was worried about this. I tried to eat more but I wasn't hungry at all. I'm a try to atleast get 1200 today. Thanks again.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was worried about this. I tried to eat more but I wasn't hungry at all. I'm a try to atleast get 1200 today. Thanks again.

good girl!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I could be bad on a daily basis, but one day here and there is unlikely to make any difference.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Thanks again for all the comments. Today I will try to eat as much as possible lol
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • slinkycat1729
    slinkycat1729 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Im pleased you brought this subject up, as yesterday and the day before, I ate even when I wasn't hungry as my calorie only came to 950, and my hubby said that was too low, so the next time, I wont make myself eat when Im not hungry!
  • mandihdz
    mandihdz Posts: 19
    Options
    Some of my family has practiced intermitten fasting for as long as i can remember...and they are all still very healthy adults. I will fast the day after a night out when (lots of) alcohol was consumed. The next day i'm down like 3-4 lbs.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    When it comes to exercise calores I eat them when I'm hungry if not I don't. If you are under by 1000 calories after exercise and you really exerted yourself you are going to have some hunger.
  • nashai01
    Options
    Ok. I did alot better over the weekend. I was still under my calories but I ate a little more.