Has Anyone Ever????

Options
Okay has anyone ever reduced the amount of exercise they were doing and lost weight?? I am changing it up a bit as I seem to be stuck.. gaining and losing the same 5lbs for the past like 3 months!!! I workout pretty vigoroulsy when I workout and in fact depended on those calories I got back to not go over for the day as I love to eat.... So now since I have been stuck for soooo long I am reducing the amount of exercise keeping it to just 10 - 15 min walks a few times a day so that I can mainly focus on not going over without eating back earned calories.. if that makes sense??? I started this last week.... and did lose but am wording if anyone else has had any success with this??? I really just want to break through the lowest weight that I keep stopping at but IDK.... PLEASE ADVISE!!!

Replies

• 1bzymama
    1bzymama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Maybe try eating a little more? That's what I keep hearing...either change up the exercise (try something new maybe) or up the calorie intake a little to trick your body. Mix and match, play around to find what will work.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    I did!

Went from overtraining 6 days a week to a 3 day/week lifting routine.
    I also eat 3k on lifting days and still lose about .5-1lb a week.
    It's slowing down the closer I get to 10% BF though.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I have heard to increase calories too but I'm a bit afraid of doing that....
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Do you count your exercise calories using mfp, or a HRM? if you're eating them back, and you count a lot of exercise, it's possible you are wildly over/underestimating the calories, both of which can be bad...
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I use MFP for my calories burned... I don't have a HRM yet... I really want one, but right now paying for a wedding so that's not priority at the moment... but that's a thought.. thanks!