Finally cleaned out my closet

Options
stresco
stresco Posts: 354 Member
Yesterday I finally went through my closet looking for cloths that no longer fit me. I had shirts with 17.5 inch neck and pants with 40 inch waist. This might not seem like a lot to some people, but I am only 5.7 on a good day, with the right shoes. I used to body build and competed in the 165lb class. So this is a lot for me. I kept asking: WTF did I do to myself? What was I thinking, to let myself go like that? Was I trying to kill myself slowly? I don't get it. :sick:

I have a 100lb pile of dress cloths for work, jeans and shorts that I have to donate.

I will never let myself go like that again!

Thank you all for keeping me motivated!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    That is awesome to hear! I'm glad you're able to clean out your closet of all your old clothes. I bet that was a great feeling! Be strong and you will succeed :)
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    I should have weighed the clothes that I got rid of! Neat idea! (Don't know if you LITTERALLY have 100# of clothes or if you were just giving a visual...) either way, awesome idea!
  • jabbaknight
    jabbaknight Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have kept one pair of my "fat" pants, just as a reminder. I am down almost 40 pounds from my highest weight, and I love holding those pants up both as sign of how far I've come, and as a reminder "never again".
  • ceciliarn1124
    ceciliarn1124 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • dolldreams
    dolldreams Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    That's awesome.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Good for you, great job!
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I kept asking: WTF did I do to myself? What was I thinking, to let myself go like that? Was I trying to kill myself slowly? I don't get it. :sick:

I have a 100lb pile of dress cloths for work, jeans and shorts that I have to donate.

I will never let myself go like that again!

Thank you all for keeping me motivated!:flowerforyou:

It sneaks up on you slowly.. 5 pounds in 2 months.. 10 pounds over the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays, 1/4 a pound a week for a year, and before you know it you've gained 50 pounds without quite being sure how it happened!

Ignoring the stress of life and doing something about the slow creep before it gets out of hand isn't always easy to do either.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have kept one pair of my "fat" pants, just as a reminder. I am down almost 40 pounds from my highest weight, and I love holding those pants up both as sign of how far I've come, and as a reminder "never again".

I've lost and said "never again", like 3 times now. :cry:

I think tracking will have to be a lifetime habit for me. I hope MFP is around a long time. :smile:
  • stresco
    Options

I think tracking will have to be a lifetime habit for me. I hope MFP is around a long time. :smile:

Me too!
  • stresco
    Options
    :love:

^There is my real inspiration^ :love:

You should see the picture I have of her standing with BOTH of her legs inside one pant leg from a pair of my old jeans. WOWOWOW! :noway:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!