Something really wrong? Weight wont move.

Options
Im no stranger to weight loss. In the past i was 330 lbs, went down to 230. I had managed to get down to 202, and then slowly gained the weight back to where i am at today. Im 19, 6'2 male and weigh 235. My BMR is 2300. I eat at 1700 calories a day which creates a deficit of 4200 calories a week. As far as exercise, Im doing P90X modified. Monday I do P90X , Tuesday is a rest day for me, Wednsday is P90X, Thursday is a run on a treadmill, Friday P90X, Saturday is a run day and Sunday is another rest day. I only do the P90X strength training videos. I cut out the Plyo, kenpo and Yoga considering during the first 30 days, i only lost about 5 lbs in the first week and then stopped. So i decided to change it since im not gonna waste another 30 days if it didnt work. So i run on a treadmill at around 6.2mph for about 20-25 minutes which burns around 400 calories. Im stuck at 235. Why wont the scale move? Seriously, im get really frustrated and losing motivation. What am I doing wrong? My foods are clean. Whole foods, cut out all simple carbs. The only simple carbs i really eat is bananas with my protein after p90x to help transport the proteins. I dont really eat red meats, Turkey, chicken and fish is my main source. My protein powder has about 2 carbs. I seriously dont know what it is? Please help me out?

Replies

• spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When was the last time you measured yourself?
    I bet you are losing inches...and unfortunately...the scale cannot decipher what is water/fat/bone/muscle. It tallies up the WHOLE weight!
    Red meats are fine....if you don't eat them every single day! Have a hamburger once a week....or a steak! Think about the cavemen....they ate nothing BUT meat...and they were all thin and muscular!
    Remember...."the scale lies" is not at all far-fetched! Because it actually DOES lie!
    So many people give up, because the number on the scale is all they're keeping track of. I know...I'm guilty of that!
    However...when a pair of pants fits me better (especially when they used to be tight) or I can see definition in my body...I laugh at the scale!!!

Copy & paste this picture into your browser. This will hopefully get & KEEP you motivated! (BTW: this isn't me. I found it on the web)

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533617_10150897044592925_741947924_12811531_394462724_n.jpg
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I feel the same frustration after being stuck at the same weight for 3 1/2 months! In January I started exercising 5-6 times per week, mainly Jillian Michaels DVDs, 30 day shred/Ripped in 30 etc and although I continue to lose inches my weight has not budged and this corresponds with me starting the regular exercise.

As the last poster mentions, measure yourself as you will no doubt see some reward on the measuring tape, even though the scales are not moving. I bet your clothes fit better after all that exercise?

When you say you eat around 1700 cals, do you eat back the extra 400 cals you burn while exercising, otherwise you're only actually consuming 1300 which would be very low.

I hope you can find the answers soon and that things change for you. Good luck!