Worst Soreness Ever!

Options
2»

Replies

• paruls86
    paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump... need to show it to my hubby last time he worked out his arms were so sore he couldnt eat it was quite funny...:bigsmile:
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I've began my strength training this week and it's been working amazingly. But today I am so sore I can't even bend over to pick stuff up. Is there anything I can do to make this go away faster?
    I warm up, stretch, workout, cool down, and stretch. So I don't think it's that how I'm doing things.

I don't want to take a rest day after every day I workout. :\

I'd say you are over training. I'd say a light walk would help. Along with making sure you are getting enough protein in your diet.
  • PBMama
    PBMama Posts: 17
    Options
    Here are a few things: China Gel, Castor Oil, Epsom Salt bath w/lavendar, and the lots of stretching and water. Hope this helps.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I started weight training this week using Chalean Extreme and I am very sore. And I expected to!

My worry is that it will never go away because just when I start to get stronger then I have to up the weights and start doing those push ups on my toes!! And just when I've mastered that we move into the next phase.

My instructor at my Body Pump class told me that a workout isn't a good one unless you are sore the next day. I really didn't like that answer! I have other things I need to do even on rest days, like pick up my toddler, OUCH!

I am in week 2 of Chalean Extreme and though my muscles are sore it is nothing like that first week. And I went up in weights already this week so the less soreness is not because I am not pushing myself. Trust me the muscles adjust and so does your pain tolerance. Hot bath with epsom salts, lots of water and don't skip the cardio it did wonders for me the first week to work out the soreness.