Stretch Mark Success?

Options
Has anyone had any success reducing their stretch marks or getting rid of them all together? Pictures and/ or tips please!

Replies

• regina2063
    regina2063 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    the doctor told me theres NO CURE....Whaaaa Whaaaa.....all Ladies should be forgiven of stretch marks especially if we had a baby....it should be a WRITE OFF....ha ha
  • MADDIESMOMMY6611
    MADDIESMOMMY6611 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know a tummy tuck helps but that's just way too much money! Well maybe I'll have to find the cure lol.
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I've been using the Walgreens version of Mederma and I can tell a huge difference! You can look at my tummy pic on my profile and see. I had my son almost 17 months ago.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    As I lost weight they have become less and less noticable
  • katielweaver
    katielweaver Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks (especially if you've had a baby!) are BEAUTIFUL! Just look at them as a result of creating life :) I'm speaking as a mother WITH stretchmarks ALL OVER. Let me tell you, I have stretchmarks on my calves! BUT, it doesn't keep me from wearing the things I want to... skirts, shorts, etc. I did, however, a couple years ago start using the RE9 line from Arbonne and it did diminish the appearance for a while. But I stopped using it. Sorry I don't have more suggestions for you, but that's my two cents! :)
  • linnyrhea
    linnyrhea Posts: 105
    Options
    I have had two babies in 3 years. I have stretch marks on my tummy and legs, as far as I'm concerend I earned them, kinda like tiger stripes :)

I wont say I like them, but they gave me my two beautiful kids. I can live with them :)

I dont think theres any cure out there, aside from surgery.
  • mrsjohnson75
    mrsjohnson75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have alot but I don't walk around naked except around my hubby and he doesn't mind at all:laugh: ...so it is what it is. We are all still beautiful:flowerforyou:
  • DanielleRN8
    DanielleRN8 Posts: 409
    Options
    I have alot but I don't walk around naked except around my hubby and he doesn't mind at all:laugh: ...so it is what it is. We are all still beautiful:flowerforyou:

Couldn't have said it any better. :smile:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    tanning.....
    not the healthiest option but my choice
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I hate to break it to ya, but there is no way to get rid of them. All these lotions and creams out there that promise to are full of *kitten* and are exaggerated claims. Yes, they will soften your skin and maybe even help with the redness, but, stretchmarks are scars and are there to stay, only (slightly) fading with time.

You could drop a couple grand on laser removal treatments though. But that is about the only way, and I don't think that is even 100%.

Don't feel bad though. You are not alone. The majority of women who have been pregnant have them, and well, actually the majority of women have them. Just various degrees/amounts. Hell, my body looks like a freakin roadmap after 2 pregnancies where I gained 45 lbs both times. :/
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    They are my tger stripes! Rawr ha after giving birth to six kids in just over five years my stretch marks are going nowhere
  • sarahlauren18
    sarahlauren18 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have bad stretch marks on my tummy from having two kids and I just recently started tanning. Its helped diminish their appearance but theres just not a whole lot you can do :( Save up for that tummy tuck!
  • cr9576
    cr9576 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    grrrr i dont even have kids n i have ton of stretch marks :(!!!!!! and im only 20, but im still trying ive used bio oil and creams but no luck ...
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is no magic lotion or potion. They are yours for LIFE! I have found that for me, tanning helps to hide it quite a bit.
  • brittni127
    Options
    As everyone says they never go away, but they do fade!

103_0924a-2.jpg

Well for some reason I can't get it to work... here in the first picture you can see my stretch marks are pretty red, it was about 8 months after having my first daughter. Now a few years later, they are light and not as noticeable, even though they are still there.

Here is the link
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/blondeswimmer127/weight loss/103_0924a-2.jpg
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    Tanning has helped mine
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Mine have faded dramatically just with age. I've had stretch marks on my hips since I was a kid. They used to be red but now they're silvery white so blend in with my skin. Although when in highschool my boobs grew FAST and I had a few on them, Palmers Cocoa Butter moisturiser cleared them for me (the normal one is what I used but there is one designed for stretch marks) But really.. nothing, no cream, no oil, nothing has helped the ones on my inner thighs and hips other than time... they've become old and silvery now.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I don't even have kids and I have stretch marks everywhere lol. I can never keep up with stuff, like putting lotion or creams on everyday, so I just it be. Yes I am self conscious in a swim suit or short shirts/shorts, but that why I wear tights and legging and avoid the pool
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    grrrr i dont even have kids n i have ton of stretch marks :(!!!!!! and im only 20, but im still trying ive used bio oil and creams but no luck ...

agreed! I'm only 27, I have them on my thighs, my stomach and hips, and my boobs. I don't even have kids to blame it on :sad:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!