RFID chips in your credit cards!!! MUST READ!!!

Options
soagirl777
soagirl777 Posts: 52 Member
A friend sent this to me yesterday. Please read and check all your credit cards for this new technology. I just got a call this morning that my credit card had been used in the UK. Not sure how they got my credit card number as I do not have any cards with the new RFID chip in them. Keep this bumped to the top so that others are aware and be on the look out.

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    ?
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    could just be that the credit card company saw the card was used to purchase something in the UK. could have nothing to do wiht RDIF and just be plan old credit card theft.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    *WHEW* Good thing I don't us credit cards. Just debit.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    What exactly did your friend send you yesterday? What are we supposed to be reading?
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    If you keep bumping and/or replying to this thread, Bill Gates will pay $245 to every person that bumps or replies. Because Microsoft is tracking this thread.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    It'll give ya cancer too. I read it on the internets.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    If you keep bumping and/or replying to this thread, Bill Gates will pay $245 to every person that bumps or replies. Because Microsoft is tracking this thread.

BUMP
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Also, a $1 will go to the KONY 2012 campaign and another $1 to this sick baby.

sick-baby.jpg
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Would you all stop being ridiculous?

What we NEED to do is change our facebook avatars to cartoon characters so we can finally end child abuse once and for all.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Options
    It's not that I'm concerned for myself. I wrap my credit cards in tin foil, obviously. But others may need to read this vital information.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Most people don't know, they can track you via your web browser too. To turn off this "feature", press ALT-F4.
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options

What we NEED to do is change our facebook avatars to cartoon characters so we can finally end child abuse once and for all.

Seriously. THAT'S the stuff that changes lives.
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    It's been in my card for years, and it's awesome.

It only works for low value transactions, under £25 I think for me, so when you grab a drink or train ticket or similar, you just wave the card somewhere near the scanner and you're done. Perfect for rush hour travel and that kind of thing.

Given that they're normally have pretty low transaction limits, that card companies are liable for fraud costs as long as you weren't negligent with your card (in the UK at least) and the fact that even ignoring the RFID tags, there are plenty of other ways to commit card fraud, I don't think it's anything to get overly concerned about.
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options

If I just put a ribbon sticker on my car, will that be enough to save the children?
  • Aegelis
    Aegelis Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Don't take the chip. Seriously. Some licenses now have it available but we still have the right to refuse them (until it becomes law in 2016 for my state). This is outdated, but seems to be coming true:

"Others are talking about placing RFID tags into all sensitive or important documents: "it will be practical to put them not only in paper money, but in drivers' licenses, passports, stock certificates, manuscripts, university diplomas, medical degrees and licenses, birth certificates, and any other sort of document you can think of where authenticity is paramount." In other words, those documents you're required to have, that you can't live without, will be forever tagged.

Consider the human body as well. Applied Digital Solutions has designed an RFID tag - called the VeriChip - for people. Only 11 mm long, it is designed to go under the skin, where it can be read from four feet away. They sell it as a great way to keep track of children, Alzheimer's patients in danger of wandering, and anyone else with a medical disability, but it gives me the creeps. The possibilities are scary. In May, delegates to the Chinese Communist Party Congress were required to wear an RFID-equipped badge at all times so their movements could be tracked and recorded. Is there any doubt that, in a few years, those badges will be replaced by VeriChip-like devices?" http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/169
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options

I wore pink underwear today and *poof* cured cancer.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    Also, never call area code 809. it will give you and your loved ones AIDS.
  • GasMasterFlash
    Options
    It's not that I'm concerned for myself. I wrap my credit cards in tin foil, obviously. But others may need to read this vital information.
    Don't stop at wrapping up your cards. They are also trying to read your mind to get your PIN.

Tin_foil_hat_2.png
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    bigbrotheriswatching.jpg