I am really going to do it and need support.

Options
chgn4me
chgn4me Posts: 28 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Nilsa and I am determined to lose the weight. I guess that is how you start one of these. I had my son Aidan 11months ago and it is time to shed the pounds. I recently joined the local gym and have been trying to go at least an hour a day 5 to 6 times a week. I gained 40lbs during the pregnancy and was up to 205lbs. 25lbs came off easy w/o excercise but I still have15 to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight; plus I want to lose some more. My goal weight is 150lbs so in total I have 30lbs I would like to lose. My problem area is my mid section mostly. At the gym, I take Zumba 3 times a week for an hour and Cardio Kickboxing 1x a week for an hour; the other times I just run on the tredmill and use the elliptical. Honestly, I have no clue what I am doing but I feel that some exercise is better then none at all.

I guess, I just really want support and somewhere to talk to others about the ups and the downs. My fiance really isn't as supportive as I'd like and kind of jokes about me be able to do it. He doesn't understand but oh well. I know I can do it.

In advance, thanks for all the support and I hope to meet new friends here who understand where I have been and what I am going through.

Nilsa

Replies

• newerme15
    newerme15 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi Nilsa welcome to MFP. Feel free to add me :-). Good luck :happy:
  • mead723
    mead723 Posts: 4
    Options
    You can do anything you set your mind to....and won't he then be surprised from all the head turning attention you will get when you drop those pounds!!!??? Good luck and welcome...add me if you would like!!
  • TinaCleg_cancel
    Options
    Hi Nilsa, my husband teases me a little bit too. He can drop pounds by breathing I swear. I used to do a lot of cardio and found that adding weights three days a week helped me drop sizes. At one point I only lost 12 lbs but dropped two clothing sizes.

Now, I have regained all that weight and I am starting over...again. I need to lose 40lbs. Add me if you like
  • pat6250
    pat6250 Posts: 90
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Good for you, taking charge and getting your weight to where you want it. Maybe your guy doesn't seem supportive because, well, he is a guy! He might be thinking that he will love you no matter what you weigh, but he doesn't know how to put it into words. Or he finds it hard to control his own weight, so he can't imagine that you could do it. He might not know what you need to hear, so he says awkward things. That is okay. As long as he is not sabotaging your efforts, it is all good. You are losing weight for you. That is the only reason that makes it work, anyway. He will benefit, because you will look great, and feel confident, and your health will benefit. These are all good things, but you are really doing it because it is important to you. So, enjoy each step of your success. So far, you have done a great job! The Zumba and cardio kickboxing is a real workout, I'm sure it will ramp up your appearance. The trainers at your gym can advise you on the type of exercise that will streamline your core. But since you are young, I think losing the weight will make your waistline reappear, and your love handles to go away. Let the mirror tell you how good you look. My husband never comments when I gain weight, I love him for that. But he also doesn't tell me when I look good. After forty plus years, I love him for other reasons, but not because he says supportive things. He does supportive things, like being fine with me going back to school, and taking guitar and dance lessons. So my point is, like what they do right, and get your MFP buddies to say what you long to hear. Also, I hope you have supportive gal pals, you can all support one another verbally.
  • mlhoole
    mlhoole Posts: 2
    Options
    That is the hardest when the people close to you are not supportive. I have lived that life for 51 years, let's make a difference for each other and be that support. This is the first time I have ever posted, so it is a real step outside the box for myself. What a darling baby!:smile:
  • hdg1822
    hdg1822 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi. Congrats on your cute son! I too have issues with losing weight around my middle section. I am working on that. I have double the weight to lose as you do but would love to help motivate you if you would like. Add me if you want. Have a great day!
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am similar as far as the support. My boyfriend is totally supportive but he is a stick. He eats worse than I do but is only 130lbs. So in the 7 years we have been together I have gained 54 pounds and he has only gained 10!!! For me its the kind of ''you only say I am beautiful bc you love me" kind of a thing. So I love his support but its in 1 ear and out the other for me. But don't worry about him too much guys are guys and sometimes forget that they can't rag on us like they do with their buddies. Just take it with a grain of salt and keep working :) As far as the mid-section it sounds like you are def putting in the work, maybe try abs and planks to work the core, I read it takes 2 yrs to get a woman's hips back to normal after pregnancy so maybe that ties into it?!