MFP Runners Club Bio Page

Options
I thought it was a great suggestion for us to do an intro so we could get to know each other better!
Why dont we make it easy and just use one format. Just cut mine, paste it into a new thread and then fill in your info!! Cant wait to read!

NAME: Lea Anne

CHILDREN: 2 kids-6 yr old girl/3.5 yr old boy

PETS: 1 Cat, Ramona

CAREER: Art Teacher at Middle School

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Distance--I was doing C25K for time but now I just run and I cant get used to the fact that I am actually running as far as I am

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: During the 5K Race I am doing in June, I want to run the whole time!

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: For so long I was that person who would make fun of the runners who would be out in the rain or out in the snow but secretly wanted to be them--now I am one of them!!

Replies

• annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    NAME: Annaliza (pronounce Anna-lisa)

CHILDREN: 4 kids - 21 yr old girl, 19 yr old girl, 3 year old girl, 1.5 yr old boy

PETS: 1 Cat - Pan, 1 chihuahua - Molly, 1 iguana - Zee

CAREER: Computer Programmer, Computer Science professor at a college (plus I go to grad school)

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: I ran a little over 3 miles in 30 mins lol - I'm new to this and am just starting out.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Run all the way up the side of the mountain without stopping - then a 5k race somewhere

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: The fact that I can do it - and that I improve each time I do it!! I also like the "me" time...
  • molsongirl
    molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    I joined the runners club before my accident, and I plan on coming back..so here's my info!

NAME: MG

CHILDREN: 10 kids + 5 foster kids

PETS: 2 cats, Pickles and Eddie
    1 dog, Lola a bully
    1 parrot, Rocko

CAREER: I own my own yoga/fitness studio, and a bed and breakfast with my hubby

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: finished a 26 mile marathon in April in Miami beach, i've always loved competitve running.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Since my injury, I haven't been able to run much, I ran Friday for the first time since my accident Easter weekend, and I was soooo disappointed, it took me 7.22 seconds to run 1 stupid stinking lousing kilometre

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: I love getting lost in thought, I picture myself running along the beaches of Hawaii, the wind in my hair, smelling the fresh ocean air.....listening to Bob Marley or Amy Winehouse as I pound that pavement...I als love to run barefoot!
  • shagybear33
    shagybear33 Posts: 272
    Options
    NAME: Char

CHILDREN: 2 boys. 4 & 1

PETS: None

CAREER: Office Manager

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: 5K under 35 mins

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: 5K under 30 mins

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: Great stress reliever. Some "me" time. I just feel sooo awesome afterwards! Makin' my butt look good too... LOL!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    NAME: Shuntae

CHILDREN: None

PETS: 1 Cat, Eliie

CAREER: Accounting assistant

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: I finished C25K a couple weeks ago, and now just get out there and run.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: I want to run my 5K at the end of next month in under 35 minutes (this is what I am averaging now).

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: It's something I never thought I could do; especially not in my "old life" with the asthma and allergies. Now, I push myself to try and do more every day. Love having my 'me time' and just getting lost in my thoughts and some good music.

Nice to meet everyone...looking forward to chatting with you all!
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    NAME: Lesli

CHILDREN: boy (4 yrs) girl (2 yrs)

PETS: nope

CAREER: Former teacher, now stay-at-home mom & photographer

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: I am jogging between 3-4 miles about every other day

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: To continue on this path (I am training for a sprint triathlon)

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: Being able to complete 3 miles. That's quite an accomplishment for me. I have to keep telling myself that running 3 miles isn't a fluke!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    NAME: Tom

CHILDREN: two boys, 15 and 11

PETS: 1 dog, 2 cats, 3 goldish, 4 frogs, 5 snakes, tropical fish

CAREER: Veterinarian

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Summer schedule is 5-8 miles three days a week. In 2002, my goal was to run a mile nonstop. Since then, I have finished two full and 6-8 half-marathons

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: To keep my race times down with mty15 year old's:laugh:

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: The stress relief, the quiet time - no phones, no pager, getting outside and enjoying nature, the comradarie when I get to run with th group
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    NAME: Becky

CHILDREN: 4 kids+1 *adopted best friend* ~ boys, 20, 19; girls18,17,16

PETS: 3 Cats~ Peaches,Toffee,Caeden & 1 golden retriever~ Keeley

CAREER: currently SAHM, previously worked as assistant manager/trainer/sh** shoveler/jill of all trades at large Hunter/Jumper horse farm in MI

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Distance, I just found another week of runs logged since beginning to run the end of March '09 and with today's run I just hit my 1st 100 miles!!!! :happy:

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Taking the plunge for a half marathon in Charlotte in December

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: I am absolutely amazed at my body and what it is capable of. I've never been a runner, I liked the idea of being one, but never expected to become one. Now that I have found that magical runner's high, I'm becoming addicted!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    :wink:

It's funny how we'll say the names of our pets but not our kids LOL
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    NAME: Emory

CHILDREN: 14 yo girl 9 yo boy

PETS: 1 dog named Miles (He came with that name from the shelter)

CAREER: Artist/ Stay at Home Dad

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Started running last September I ust ran my first 5k nonstop. I have been using the run/walk method. I also did my first triathlon last weekend.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: I want to break 30 min for a 5k (Today I did 35:11)

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: The group aspect of training and also the sense of accomplishment for completing a goal. not to mention how much better I feel.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    NAME: Alicia

CHILDREN: none

PETS: 1 dog, Titan, a couple goats at home with my parents and a bird aviary, and my roommate just got a little turtle!!

CAREER: Coach, 13's club volleyball, and recently college assistant

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: My farthest run is 20 miles and my best mile is 6 min 30 sec

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: To finish my marathon next week!

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: Makes me feel good! Plus it burns a lot of calories and its much easier to maintain weight when your run everyday.... and its a stress reliever.

:happy: :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    NAME: Jenny

CHILDREN: none

PETS: my two beloved pugs, Willy and Lulu

CAREER: Purchasing

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: I finished my 2nd 5k a couple of weeks ago in just under 25 minutes.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: continue running 4 days a week, gradually increasing my long runs and training for whatever I feel I'm ready for next :)

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: It's something that I do just for me, something I never thought I would be fit enough to do. I love it!!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    NAME: Heather

CHILDREN: Connor (8) and Wynne (3)

CAREER: Marketing

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: 6-8 miles a day with 12-14 mile long runs on Saturday or Sunday.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Doing a 1/2 marathon in September. Need to work on my speed!

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: Running has become such an important part of my life. Because of running I have gone from a size 18 to a size 4; I have rediscovered my inner athlete; I have gained so much confidence in myself; I have found an outlet for my competive nature; I have found my stress reliever; I have found my balance with food; I have found my happiness again...
  • natalie523
    natalie523 Posts: 12
    Options
    NAME: Natalie

CHILDREN: Oliva (8) Austin (5) Lucas (2 1/2)

CAREER: Part time office manager, part time stay at home mom

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Running 7 miles is 62 min...my best time!

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: To run 10 mile, the most that I have run is 8.5. I would love to run in a race or half marathon but I am going to wait on that for now.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: I have always wanted to be a runner and I am so proud of what I have accomplished. Never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would be running 6-8 miles at a time. Running makes me feel on top of the world...I have never felt so good about myself!
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,389 Member
    Options
    NAME: Kaylynne

CHILDREN: 2 daughters: 14 and 9

PETS: 1 dog (113 lb. yellow Lab) Gus

CAREER: 2nd grade teacher

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Building distance and working on improving my times. I am slow, and I'm thrilled when I'm breaking 10 minute miles over a distance of 3 or more miles.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: I am running a 20K this Saturday! I did it for the first time last year, so I'm hoping to improve my time. My WOs have been a struggle all week, and I've had life interfere with some of my training this spring, so I'm a bit nervous.

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: I was never a runner. Did the Couch 2 5K program in the fall of 2006. Ran my first 5K in Feb. of 2007. I've been hooked ever since. I am proud that I can do it. I may not be fast, but I persevere. I love the time to pray, think, or just be quietly and alone. Currently my DH is away for an extended period of time, so being a working "single" mom and a teacher of 7 and 8 year olds, that quiet time is a sanity saver. Plus it burn the calories
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Great idea!!

NAME: Jess

CHILDREN: 3 girls- ages 10, 8, and almost 6

PETS: 1 dog- Mikey (a big chocolate lab/ German shepherd mix)

CAREER: Stay at home Mom and Team Beachbody Coach (work from home)

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Finishing a marathon. Also recently running 2 half marathons w/in 3 weeks of each other and PR'ing both times!!

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Training for a triathlon on June 6th and then working on my speed to PR for some 5K's and shorter races

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: Just getting out there and doing it!!! I love so many things about it, can't believe I couldn't run a mile in high school!! :noway:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    NAME: Christine

CHILDREN: 3 kids, 10 yr old girl, 8yr old boy and 2 yr old boy

PETS: 1 Cat, Pepper

CAREER: Carhartt Distribution

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Ran a 5K for the first time this last weekend and won my division in 24:26. Up to running 10 miles on my long run day.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Run a half marathon in October. (In a decent time):laugh: :laugh:

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: It gives me a sense of accomplishment.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Name: Matthew
    Children: No, thank God.
    Pets: 1 Rabbit, Layla
    Career: Network Administrator/Systems Technician
    Current running accomplishment: Running 1.5 miles
    Current running goal: Running a 5k
    Favorite thing: I leave my cell phone at home, and until I get back its just me, my feet, and the world.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Great idea!

NAME:

CHILDREN: None, thank goodness

PETS: 1 Cat, Toby

CAREER: Administrative

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: 6.5 miles baby!

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Doing a 10k in June!

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: That I CAN! And that feeling of accomplishment...nothing like it.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    NAME: Ann

CHILDREN: 2 boys (7 and 4)

CAREER: Kindergarten Teacher

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: a 10K in just under 55 min.

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: Get my IT band under control so I do the local half marathon again the beginning of September

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: The accomplishment of doing it. I never planned on being a runner, but I love the feeling of running over 6 miles.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    NAME: Heidi

CHILDREN: 2 kids (4 and 2)

PETS: Dog: Scoobie, Parrot: Crayola

CAREER: Stay at home mom by day and Loss Prevention Goddess by night (and weekends!!) :)

CURRENT RUNNING ACCOMPLISHMENT: Finished my first half marathon 2 weeks ago

CURRENT RUNNING GOAL: training to do another half in the fall

FAVORITE THING ABOUT RUNNING: It's uninterrupted time away from the kids, work, obligations etc. The time is truly mine.