body by vi

Options
has anyone tried the body by vi shakes? if so how many did you do a day and did you loose weight?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I have friends that use them, and they have lost weight. But all the shake does is create a calorie deficit in your diet. That's something you can do yourself. Using them (or not) just depends on whether or not you want to pay for convienence. My only concern with the shakes is that they aren't long term - you aren't going to stay on them forever and while you are using them, you aren't learning much about making better food choices (which is what will help you keep the weight off forever).
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    They will help you lose weight. However, it's not because of some ingredient in the shake, it's because they create a calorie deficit. Most plans have the person drinking two shakes a day in place of a proper meal.

They don't teach you anything about proper diet. They don't teach you portion control and proper balance of foods. When you stop drinking the shakes (no one is going to drink them forever - personally I don't think they taste great and they are pricey) you will gain weight back if you haven't learned proper nutritional and calorie control.

Personally, I wouldn't drink them as I'd prefer real foods and not a drink that is loaded with chemicals and such.
  • munchgen
    munchgen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that uses them and they have lost weight. I drank one this morning for my breakfast and it was ooooo sooo good.. He sent out samples to people that wanted one. I am personally not going to continue them because of the price but I will say that I felt full when I made my smoothie and finshed drinking it. I am going to look for something else for me to take. I personally started out on controlling what I eat but I have seen where people have used smoothies as a meal and I had fruit in mine and milk in mine (add me and you can see my diary for today) and I didn't want my lunch until 1pm when normally I want lunch around 11:30 so that did prolong me from eatting which was nice.

Once I am done loosing weight I might have a smoothie here and there and mix it with something (less expensive and still good for you) but not do that all the time. I like to change my routine up from time to time.
  • TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    THANKS for the input
  • ftelecky
    ftelecky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on the shakes for almost 2 months now and have not only seen weight loss but also a significant increase in energy every day. I was struggling with getting good nutrition, and the shakes give that to me. It was expensive at first, but they have a great program where after you refer 3 people, yours are free! I now get mine for free, and its much cheaper than trying to get that kind of incredible nutrition in a grocery store.
  • TRACYROADMAN
    Options
    thanks so much i started today :)
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I've been on the shakes for almost 2 months now and have not only seen weight loss but also a significant increase in energy every day. I was struggling with getting good nutrition, and the shakes give that to me. It was expensive at first, but they have a great program where after you refer 3 people, yours are free! I now get mine for free, and its much cheaper than trying to get that kind of incredible nutrition in a grocery store.

How many shakes do you have each day? 1 or 2?
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    It will work if you're not ravenous starving at the end of the day which can lead to binges, good luck!
  • lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oh...I just read that you started today! Good luck!!!! You should do very well!!!
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options

How many shakes do you have each day? 1 or 2?

I've been doing it as well. Since February 26. I do two shakes a day. I love them. People are gonna knock if and say we can do it without the shakes but then I wouldn't still be this fat after trying other things. Ya, sometimes it can be a way to get a deficit in calories but for me, especially in the morning, it's convenient. And it doesn't have the after taste that slim fast powder has.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    Options
    I also wanna add that in the 2nd/3rd week, I wasn't getting hungry during the day the way I use to. I like that because when I'm driving the bus I can't just whip out a snack and chow down.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I use the Body By Vi shakes, but I also rotate them with Herbalife shakes. When I first started 1 year ago I did it with 2 shakes a day and QUICKLY realized I would much rather chew my meals... now I continue to use a shake for breakfast out of convenience.

I use 2 scoops of the shake, 1 cup of skim milk, and a fruit. Berries I find fills me up more than a banana.
    I rotate this with other breakfast meals. For me its convenience only.

Good luck.
  • ChanlynMay
    ChanlynMay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I do the shakes as well however I don't do 2 shakes a day everyday. Some days I do, and then others I eat my three meals a day. I find them very convenient and tasty :) My only suggestion would be to do some research on healthy eating as well (IE - how many calories each meal should be, what are healthier substitutes for what you normally would have..) so that when you decide you are done with the shakes, you will have lots of knowledge to keep you on the right track!
    My favorite thing about them is the overall healthy feeling I have when I have been drinking them. As much as I try to get in all the food groups, sometimes I don't make it and the shakes give me a great boost!
  • tabik30
    tabik30 Posts: 443
    Options
    I do them w/ unsweetened almond milk and yogurt simply because it has 12g of protein and calcium that I need plus I do not like yogurt but am suppose to have it and that's the best way to get it down. I also put some flax in it and ice in a blender. I do it strictly for the health benefits and convience. I only do one for b'fast btw
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Huge waste of money... you can make your own shakes and do the same exact thing.
    Why do you think so many people drink protein shakes? It's a lot cheaper to make your own.
  • firefighterswife4
    firefighterswife4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do body by vi, i used to do 2 shakes a day and I lost about 10lbs in a month BUT when i started eating 2 meals a day again some came back. So, what i do is a Vi shake for breakfast and then i eat sensible for lunch and supper. I knew that i would not continue on 2 shakes a day for the rest of my life so i swapped it around and it works better for me.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I do them w/ unsweetened almond milk and yogurt simply because it has 12g of protein and calcium that I need plus I do not like yogurt but am suppose to have it and that's the best way to get it down. I also put some flax in it and ice in a blender. I do it strictly for the health benefits and convience. I only do one for b'fast btw

Holy crap... all that money for 12g protein? Super huge waste of money.

I can make my own protein shake with a cup of almond milk, a scoop of protein and its 145 calories and 27g protrein -- 0g fat, 4g sugar (from the almond milk).
  • OnMyWeigh464
    Options

I use the 40 calorie a serving almond milk too. I truly don't mind "drinking" my meals. But I've made one so thick I had to use a spoon. It tasted just like a frozen yogurt.
  • megggsss
    megggsss Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am doing the shakes.
    I like them. Much more convenient for me. They taste great and I HAVE lost weight and inches.
    If you don't like them, don't harp on others who do.
  • WendySuzanne13
    Options
    I'm trying to figure out the expensive comments. I just did the math and it comes out to $3.87 a day for breakfast and lunch (computed using 30 days a month and included shipping, handling, and tax).I don't know where everyone lives but that's unbeatable in Orange County, CA.

These shakes have 2 net carbs and taste better than any others I've tried. There's a lot more to them that mere "meal replacement," but for me, using them reminds me to eat during the day.

Just started yesterday and I am seriously optimistic.