How do you feel about the ARC trainer?

Options
2»

Replies

• earlyxer
    earlyxer Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The ARC trainer is pretty good, but until you've set foot on the Precor 100i Adaptive Motion Trainer, well - you haven't had a cardio session. That machine is KILLER. A real monster in size too. I thought of buying one, but it''s $7,000......
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    After today I am going back to traditional elliptical, as I supposedly burned 422 in 30 minutes, but I didnt get the sweat I usually get from doing 385 in the E machine. I had it on 25/35 for incline/resistance.
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i love the arc trainer! :)
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I do like it and I am glad with the settings I use (25/35) it works my core, but my concern is I get know where near the sweat factor I get form the traditional elliptical.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    When I would use cardio machines, it was my favorite one. I would usually do Hills or Hill Intervals on it, and those programs seemed to have more difficulty than an elliptical's hill intervals which I needed.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll give it another try. I did hill intervals on it and it seemed too easy.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'll give it another try. I did hill intervals on it and it seemed too easy.

Most have "levels." I believe it goes up to level 10. Also, try "Hills" instead of "Hill Intervals." I found it to be a bit higher intensity overall.
  • jenni1705
    jenni1705 Posts: 1
    Options
    I will admit the arc trainer is hard at first but start slow then eventually you get better..this is without the best machine.its designed to be easier on the joints and i truly feel it is.the treadmill is tough on joints and knees..but not the arc..this machine will make you lose wieght