Chia seed.....

Options

Replies

• brickhouse76
    Options
    I tried them and didn't notice a diffrence but, I can say that they are some strange looking things.
  • brickhouse76
    Options
    ...and I don't care how fine we get, no one is going to want us if we have grass growing out of our eyes...lol
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    ok I'm not usually up for fad diets, gimmicky stuff or qet slim quick plans....... but even I'm gonna check this one out :) I've got a gooooooooood feeling about this one!

:flowerforyou:
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Where do you get them at?

I got them at the grocery store (Wegmans) in the organic foods section. I've heard you can also buy them at Walgreen's, Whole Foods and through Amazon. The bag I got was about $6.99.
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I tried them for the first time today, but not a full tablespoon... I just used a tsp mixed in with my oatmeal. Didn't notice any difference in taste. After eating, I noticed a few seeds in my mouth had gotten the gel coating around them, which was a little strange... I guess they filled me up? I mean, it was only a third of the serving so maybe that's why I didn't notice it as much. Plan to give them a try in pretty much everything here in the next week! I'm excited about it -- doing some research, they really sound like amazing little seeds!
  • VAgal123
    VAgal123 Posts: 35
    Options
    I've been using them for a week now and just learned about the "jelly" today...so excited to try! I mix them into my protein shakes, sprinkle them on my salads and even today mixed them into scrambled eggs before cooking. I've always been an afternoon nap taker, but not since using these and let's just say I've become very ummmm...regular.
  • _HealthyKim
    _HealthyKim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I put a tablespoon in my oatmeal everyday and the benefits are endless!
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    chia pudding!

1 cup almond milk
    2 or 3 tbsp chia seed
    cinnamon
    a pinch of shredded coconut or honey

shake it up real good so they seeds don't cluster and let it set an hour or so

its like tapioca, so good!
    Thanks for the recipe

I mixed
    2 cups almond milk
    6 tbsp chia seeds
    10-15 drops english toffee flavored stevia

That was amazing!
  • Lorlei25
    Lorlei25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Will have to see if I can get them here. I love drinking chai tea, which is freely available at the supermarket.
  • positivelyJ
    Options
    I'm Interested.
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • missyh1
    missyh1 Posts: 18
    Options
    I've been wanting to try these for a while now and after reading all the posts I will definitely be getting some tomorrow!

Thanks for the recipe ideas!
  • suzi67
    suzi67 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Will have to see if I can get them here. I love drinking chai tea, which is freely available at the supermarket.

Chia: the seed
    Chai: tea made with spices

Two different things with slightly different spellings, please don't confuse the two, you will not get the same results...

I found a product at my local health food supermarket called "Superseeds" Contains chia, flax and hemp, I love mixing this into my smoothies and into my tomato sauce with shrimp and pouring over steamed spaghetti squash.
  • erikkanicolejessen
    erikkanicolejessen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    For information on chia seeds, flax seeds, flax oil, coconut oil, visit www.kimberlysnyder.net and read some of the blog articles. Hear it from a nutritionist! I love her program. Best decision you'll ever make!
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I have been taking them for a few months now. I put them on anything it will stick to. I put them on my greek yogurt, in sauces, mixed in with rice, just wherever. Unlike flax seeds you are supposed to keep these whole and not grind them to get the full benefits. In Asia they put them in boiling water and create a tea with it.

As for benefits, I couldn't honestly tell you if it was chia seeds or the multitude of other things I started doing at the same time.

I will say this is a stable in my diet because of the incredibly high fiber content.
  • DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • AmerTunsi
    AmerTunsi Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    While there is Chai a drink commonly drank in India .. there is also Chia tea.
  • RachelGraceReed83
    RachelGraceReed83 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Bump