Trouble writing down everything...

Options
I've found I have trouble writing down everything, so I decided to instead take a picture of it. I've found that I often 'forget' to list items that I ate, and I'll remember two days later..."Oh, yeah, I did have ice cream that day...wait, what? I didn't list it...?"

Anybody else have any suggestions?

Replies

• onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you have to do. I think you need to do whatever works for you.
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    taking a pic of it, sounds like a good idea. I also like to write it down on a scrap piece of paper, and then insert it on the website when I have time.

I also like to just focus on how many cals are in the food I ate

today wasn't a good day in my food choices. I normally do try to eat good food choices.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Absolutely do what works for you.

What works for me is to add it to food log before I eat it. I usually plan my day's food the night before. If it's not already added to the food log, then I don't eat it.

The most important thing is to make a commitment to healthy eating. :bigsmile:
  • hahahollylol
    hahahollylol Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    sometimes I go over to babyfit or sparkpeople to get an idea of what to eat before I eat
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I do what Barbicat does. I do my diary the night before and plan out the whole day. I make sure that I only eat what is on the diary. If I have a temptation, I think to myself, do I want to put it in the diary? I always don't so I don't eat it. It works for me.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Absolutely do what works for you.

What works for me is to add it to food log before I eat it. I usually plan my day's food the night before. If it's not already added to the food log, then I don't eat it.

The most important thing is to make a commitment to healthy eating. :bigsmile:

I also add most foods before I eat them (unless its just not feesible). Doing this helps me to not eat things I shouldn't be - seeing my numbers in calories/fat/sugar increase dramatically before eating helps me curb that craving.
  • girltrumpeter85
    Options
    Awesome - thank you for the replies! I like the idea of putting it in the night before, so you have to eat what you put down.

Another friend also told me to put it in your phone.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    I have one of those little flippy-book pad things that I take everywhere with me and I write down what I eat in it just in case I am away from the computer, but generally I make it a goal not to eat outside of my house (I'm on this whole no fast-food for a year thing) and it works pretty well.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    when I went on vacation I did this. It turned out to be a great vacation diary! I sent a slide show of all the food I ate from the airport in FLL to the pizza in NYC and the lobster in Boston harbor, chowder in RI. It was a funny slide show!!:flowerforyou: