Need help I have hit a plateau or lost the motivation

Options
Hi -

I just started MFP a few weeks back and haven't used it all that much.

I have been doing weight since last fall and have lost 30-32 pounds. Since January, I have been losing/gaining within one to two pound range this whole time. I have tried changing how I eat (more/less) and exercising (trying different things) and I just can't get past this point. I am about ready to just give it up but I know I can't as I need to lose another 50 to where I want to be.

Any helpful suggestions woudl be welcomed! TIA

Replies

• rhogar00
    rhogar00 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Your are not alone...I'm in the same boat. I just try to take it one day at a time. :smile:
  • natsladybug
    Options
    Hang in there!!! This is not easy and the plateaus are to be expected. What motivates you on this journey? Maybe reward yourself with a new outfit, pedicure, massage something like that??? Anything but food or food related items. If you haven't tried Zumba as a form of exercise I can highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun and see if you can get a couple of friends to go with you to make it even more fun. I hope this helps you and you hang on because in the end when you get to your goal weight it will be so worth it!!
  • jdgarrett22
    Options
    I have found that when I hit a weight that I stay on for awhile, it appears to be at a place that in the past I weighed for a time. When that occurs I seem to lose interest and forget my goals, desires, and reasons that I have to begin with. As simple as it sound find a way to remember those three things and it might help you fight through it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Reassess your goals and why you really want to do this. Sometimes just refocusing on the task at hand is all it takes.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition