Women on Facebook, and no pics of hubby.

Options

Replies

• JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Suppose it depends on the person. My hubs is all over my Facebbook and vice versa *shrug*
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    My ex of seven years and I had lots of pictures of each other on our facebooks. Hell, I STILL have pictures of her on mine (I have custody of our kids...and many of the pictures of our kids have her in them). My current girlfriend and I don't have any pictures of 'us' or 'each other' yet...but we haven't been dating very long. It IS something I've considered correcting though...just because I DO appreciate her, we are long term...and like the outward signs of our being together as much as anything else. I mean, hell...I have her freaking picture in my MFP gallery =D.

Basically though, as long as the status reads 'married to: xxxxx' or 'in a relationship with: xxxxx' as an acknowledgement of their relationship status, I wouldn't read much into it.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    If you are just dating someone, No big problem with no pics of them (Unless he/she) gets pee'd off about that. If you are Married, You should post pics of you and your spouse.... Just say'n.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    How funny the pic I have up now is the first one I have uploaded on this site that had my hubby in it, I guess I was more preoccupied before with showing pics of me and my lose, then last night I wanted to show off how handsome my hubby is so I uploaded this one.

my facebook has a ton of pics of him, he hates it lol, hates taking pics and hates being on the web

I just realized you were talking about facebook ooopppssyyy!!!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I think you'll find a variety of answers. I don't have a lot of photos of me or my husband, because we're both usually behind the camera. Most of the ones that are of me have been taken by other people and put up by them with me tagged. We've been happily married for 18 years so no nefarious reasons for it. We just don't take photos of each other, but we have a ton of our kids. *shrug*
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you are just dating someone, No big problem with no pics of them (Unless he/she) gets pee'd off about that. If you are Married, You should post pics of you and your spouse.... Just say'n.
    Who put you in charge of what other people should do? You take care of you and I'll take care of me, ok?
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    Who put you in charge of what other people should do? You take care of you and I'll take care of me, ok?

Ehmmm....I wasn't talking about you in particular. In General...Just Say'n......
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I think it 'can' be shaddy.....not in all cases but it does raise a small red flag for me...
    my hubby had an affair with some chick (married chick) he connected with on FB and lets just say she had only profile pics of HERSELF...solo..no kids..no kids and her..no kids and hubby..used it more like match.com

just saying..I may be a tad jaded...
    :indifferent: :embarassed:
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    my husband has gained quite a lot of weight in the last two years and will not let me post any pictures of him on FB, however there are several older pictures of us.

I worked with a woman once that did not have any pictures of her husband and she told me they are not friends on FB, they like to keep their accounts separate...I thought that was VERY strange!
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    my husband has gained quite a lot of weight in the last two years and will not let me post any pictures of him on FB, however there are several older pictures of us.

I worked with a woman once that did not have any pictures of her husband and she told me they are not friends on FB, they like to keep their accounts separate...I thought that was VERY strange!

I think we all can relate to your hubby's situation! Thanks!
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options
    I didn't have pics of my husband on here til recently. When I started this account, I just uploaded pics from when I was overweight and current to show the difference. It was really about anyone else but me lol.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I haven't facebooked this site. lol. To see the pics of me and the spouse you gotta get on the facebook. I love my hubby but he can;t be in EVERYTHING.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

Why on earth do you care? Grow up...take it as the suggestion/opinion he meant it to be...and move on. Trust me...he wasn't giving you an order...and I'm betting once you're not so uptight, not only you...but EVERYONE around you will be MUCH happier.

/sigh
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    When I first joined, the only pictures were of me - because that's who was here, if you get my drift. My husband didn't join the site, I did. But then I wrote a blog post explaining WHY I was here and all of a sudden, he became relevant to this site - he was part of both inspiration and goal. I asked, and he said I could post a pic - but not show his face. So I put a pic of his torso up. When he took the bikini pics, I talked him into letting me put a pic of him up at the same time - wasn't hard - he said he wanted the guys to see that he was very much in the picture. I was supposed to take it down the next day, but I haven't and he hasn't remembered to ask. I like having him around.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just want everyboddy to know that I am cool with putting pictures of your spouse on here, so just send 'em to me and I'll post 'em. I might photoshop them into inappropriate settings though, so if that's a problem make sure you say so in the email, k?
  • MrsGoHard
    MrsGoHard Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    everyone that I know on fb that doesn't include their spouse/bf/gf/fiance has hooked up with someone somehow via fb or entertains/welcomes the thought of it. I don't know any exceptions.
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options

Why on earth do you care? Grow up...take it as the suggestion/opinion he meant it to be...and move on. Trust me...he wasn't giving you an order...and I'm betting once you're not so uptight, not only you...but EVERYONE around you will be MUCH happier.

/sigh

Thanks dude...
  • Shannonbayer
    Shannonbayer Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My facebook doesn't really have pictures of my husband and his might have one of me. It's not for any sinister reason.

It's because I am the one taking the pictures of him and the kids. And he's the one taking the pictures of me and the kids. Maybe it's because we've been together since middle school, but I hadn't even thought about asking someone else to snap some of the pictures of both of us so we can be super snuddlefest for the benefit of facebook friends.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,366 Member
    Options
    I don't see marriage or any other relationship as an obligation to post pictures. Married women are also individuals.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I was on FB, everyone knew I was married, everyone knew I had children...but I didn't put pics up of my family for numerous reasons...One was because my hubby was shot at by a p.o.s who tried stealing our truck, I worry that the scum bag will see his pic and may retaliate against my hubby/family....also because of his job. As well, I don't want pics of my children on the net--this is my personal choice. I want to retain some sort of privacy because the privacy factor is going to hell in this day and age with big brother everywhere, the net, cyber stalking, cyber bullying, copying, pasting. Bad enough that I have no choice in the matter if pics get posted from someone taking them at parties, sporting events, etc.