Body after 30

Options
Tofaraz
Tofaraz Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone
I had been using MFP almost a month now and so far have lost 4 lbs.. I am 31 and and weight 167 lbs at about 26 pct body fat pct and 170 m height.. My goal is to end up around 150 lbs without loosing any muscle and be about 18 pct range . but what's really challenging is that I can't really pull off the 2 lbs per week routine anymore as compared to when Iwas in 20s
It's causing a lot of fatigue if I exercise too much and keep a very hi calorie deficit. I noticed having a 2 lbs per week target is actually counter productive when I look myself in the mirror next morning as most of the weight loss comes out of muscle loss which doesn't make the midsection area less leaner than before the diet .

So I am looking for friends here who could help me out in how to have a super lean body in 30s phase of my life ....I have kind of deceloped this fear that in the 30s it's all downhill and can't have make much improvements .
Would love to get to know ppl who have been through that and guide me on how to go about it.

And lastly everyone of any age is welcome to add me as I love to discuss about diets , calorie counts and fitness regimes such as weight training, yoga and bootcamp triaing . Also quite an expert in Indian food which is probably the most difficult to count ;) feel
Free to enquiry

Hope to hear from you soon

F

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone
    I had been using MFP almost a month now and so far have lost 4 lbs.. I am 31 and and weight 167 lbs at about 26 pct body fat pct and 170 m height.. My goal is to end up around 150 lbs without loosing any muscle and be about 18 pct range . but what's really challenging is that I can't really pull off the 2 lbs per week routine anymore as compared to when Iwas in 20s
    It's causing a lot of fatigue if I exercise too much and keep a very hi calorie deficit. I noticed having a 2 lbs per week target is actually counter productive when I look myself in the mirror next morning as most of the weight loss comes out of muscle loss which doesn't make the midsection area less leaner than before the diet .

So I am looking for friends here who could help me out in how to have a super lean body in 30s phase of my life ....I have kind of deceloped this fear that in the 30s it's all downhill and can't have make much improvements .
    Would love to get to know ppl who have been through that and guide me on how to go about it.

And lastly everyone of any age is welcome to add me as I love to discuss about diets , calorie counts and fitness regimes such as weight training, yoga and bootcamp triaing . Also quite an expert in Indian food which is probably the most difficult to count ;) feel
    Free to enquiry

F

You probably could pull off 2lbs/week but a large % would be lean muscle. Since you only have 17 lbs to lose you should be aiming for 0.5 to 1.0/week at the most. Make sure you get enough protein and lift heavy to retain the lean muscle you already have.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    Slow and steady is the way to go. I am set up to lose a half a pound a week. Im lucky if I get that. Although I am pretty close to goal. Its hard to keep at it when the scale moves so slowly. But just seeing the changes in my body is enough to keep me going. I know I am building muscles and not eating McDonalds everyday. Take measurements and pictures at the start of your journey. Sometimes these things are more important then the scale. Good Luck!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    It's not as easy anymore is it? Sucks, but it's true! You can still do it, but you have to take it a little easier on your body, especially at first! And you don't repair as quickly so definitely take rest days as needed!
  • Tofaraz
    Options
    Oh wow we have dedicated group here ... Thank you !!!
  • Tofaraz
    Options
    Any idea what's a good mix pct of carbs protein and fats .
    Hi everyone

Free to enquiry

F

You probably could pull off 2lbs/week but a large % would be lean muscle. Since you only have 17 lbs to lose you should be aiming for 0.5 to 1.0/week at the most. Make sure you get enough protein and lift heavy to retain the lean muscle you already have.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yup same problem here, I just turned 30 and I swear if I wanted to lose 10lbs when in my 20's I'd eat salad for a couple weeks and presto I'd lose weight. Now after having a kid, quite smoking and turning 30 it is more work. We are about the same build, I am 163 (started at 169) and my goal weight is 147. I am eating a high protein low carb low fat diet. So lots of chicken breast, pork tendorlion, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, foods like that. I will say as much as I miss my bread and sweet cereals, eating the high protein foods leaves me full and so I stay around my target calories consumption. I do work out atleast 4x week both cardio and strenght training. I feel like 2 lbs a week is a stretch, leaving me exhausted. I personally feel the best with 500 calorie deficit.
    Good luck and lets keep each other motivated after all summer is right around the corner and I would like to wear my bathing suit without wearing shorts to cover my legs and mid-sections. :flowerforyou:
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, the closer you are to your goal weight, the slower the weight comes off - perhaps 2 pounds per week is a bit ambitious?
  • Tofaraz
    Options
    Yea seeing from all the advices I am gathering here it seems 0.5 lbs is more realistic but u know With the summer around the corner we all kind of panic and think 0.5 just doesn't quite cut it (no pun intended )