My little NSV

Options
andiechick
andiechick Posts: 916 Member
Ok, so had a little bit of a NSV today, not a huge one but to me it was a bit of an achievement....

I went to the shop this afternoon to treat my kids to a bit of chocolate, and I was so tempted to get something for myself. but I managed to resist the urge, get what I wanted for the kids and walked away.

Why is this an NSV I hear you ask....well, just a couple of hours earlier, I had to go into work on my day off to attend a meeting, where I was told, along with my 4 colleagues that our department at work are having to make cuts and we will go through a major restructure, which may result in one of us being made redundant, so we are officially on our 90 days notice as of today.

The old me would've gone into that shop and bought at least a bag of crisps and big sharing bag of of Peanut M&Ms or Maltesers (not that I would share them of course!) but I was so proud that I had the strength to realise they wouldn't help me keep my job, or make me feel better for longer than the time it would take to pour them down my neck, and that I really didn't need them. If I can do it, anyone can

Replies

• Buttercupmcgee
    Buttercupmcgee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Nicely done! I love what you said about realizing that binging wouldn't help you keep your job. Hard to focus on this in the moment, you get a high five for doing so.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Good for you!

And good luck with your job - I hope it works out.
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    letmebeda1_wechange Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV ty for sharing and yes, glad you realized that it won't keep your job. i'm so darn proud of you!!! hugsss
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!