NSV with *pictures* - importance of working out

Options
So I still have a *long* way to go, but I've been trying to lose weight for many years, just the wrong way, so I lose weight and then yoyo back up. My biggest struggle this entire time has been exercise. I figured, if I stay in my calorie range it will be the same as me working out and eating my calories back, so I just wouldn't work out. WRONGGGGGGG approach!! So now, I have been working out and eating my calories back and staying within my adjusted calorie range. Here is a good comparison, the end of 2009 I was 222lbs, today I am 224lbs, so 2lbs heavier but in these pictures you can see in my belly (esp. from the side) how much flatter it is even though I weigh 2lbs more. Here's to continuing to workout and becoming healthier! 75lbs more to go until goal :)

grr picture isn't working

Here is the link
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/blondeswimmer127/weight loss/103_0917-1.jpg

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/blondeswimmer127/weight loss/103_0917-1.jpg[/img]

let me see if I can get it on here

Replies

• ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    pic not working
  • NMJosephs
    NMJosephs Posts: 185
    Options
    Can you get your picture to work? I'd love to see your progress! :)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Here's the pic. (Edit: gah, too big!)

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/blondeswimmer127/weight loss/103_0917-1.jpg[/img]
  • slightlycrunchy
    slightlycrunchy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    That really is a diffence! Nice job!
  • fiveferrels
    fiveferrels Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    nice difference
  • hkmamma
    hkmamma Posts: 70
    Options
    I havent lost many pounds but went from size 20 pants to 14!
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    Huge difference. Great Job and good luck on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • brittni127
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Still a long ways to go but so far starting off on the right foot.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    A great difference! Having nice muscles under the fat helps you carry the weight better and I have EXACTLY the same thing :)
  • rbrannock
    rbrannock Posts: 169
    Options
    WOW...that's great. What kind of exercising are you doing?
  • brittni127
    Options
    WOW...that's great. What kind of exercising are you doing?

Monday, Wed, and Fridays, I'm doing 1 hour - 90 minutes of cardio (elliptical and stationary bike mostly) and then strength training using my gym's weight machines. Tuesdays and Thursdays I normally only do 30 minutes of cardio and strength training or sometimes just strength training. Saturdays and Sundays are my "off days" where I mostly just take my daughters on walks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!