Need Motivation and Dieting Buddy!!!

My Name is Teresa and I live in Shreveport , La...In the past 2 years Ive went from a size 14 to a size 24 and I Hate My Body !!! I got married in 2010 and seem to have jus blown up and and so embarrassed by my weight gain...If anyone lives near me and would like a Walkin Buddy pls add me...No Gyms lol...yet...If anyone jus needs more motivation period add me anyway...We can Help each other !!!

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Louisiana group:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/778-louisiana

You can also go to "Find Members" and put in your zip code to find people in your area. Good luck!
  • demi59
    demi59 Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I am pretty new to My fitness pal, did good for 3 weeks, then went off. I am back on track but also need motivational buddies. I have over 100 lbs to go .......We moved to Fort Worth texas last year from North Carolina, I put on another 50lbs from stress and be depressed about leaving all my friends.

I am 53, but young at heart so I need the weight gone. I have 2 children 15 and 17, I want to be here to see them got to college, get married and start families.

I have tried weight watchers in the past, just didn't do well with getting to meetings. I LOVE my fitness pal, because it is not only about the calories but about the nutrition. Have you tried other diets before?

I am down 12 lbs and pretty excited, its a long road but I am determined!

Demi
  • teresacc26
    teresacc26 Posts: 91 Member
  • seriousgirl
    seriousgirl Posts: 16 Member
    You can add me! We can support each other...
  • teresacc26
    I start a New "Diet" weekly lol..I laugh but its a shame...Im Soooo determined this time....Ive never done the 'popular' diets U see on Television; jus my own personal 'quick fixes'. which mayb why i cant keep it off....I like to walk but i lost my walkin buddy a week ago and cant pull myself to walk alone so now i dont and kinda n a funk...But i still tryt and control my eating so i wont gain too much more....Any diestary tips ?
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 284 Member
    you can add me :) always here to help well at least try
  • teresacc26
    Will do Seriousgurl
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    You can add me if you would like. I am on multiple times throughout the day and my diary is open! :smile:
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Hello. Feel free to add me if you need supportive MFP friend :)
  • I don't live close but we can definitely motivate each other
  • kimmacias
    kimmacias Posts: 15
    I'm new on here too and need all the motivation I can get as well. You can add me :smile:
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Feel free to ad me as well. I am a big girl with lots to lose and new to this as well... We can all use motivation and support!
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    About dietary tips - I bake chicken breast on the weekends and then eat it throughout the week with salad, or roasted vegetables. And if I go over my calory limit I just go for a walk for an hour. I also bought some exercise videos and try those. You don't have to do everything they do on there, just do your best. And to stay on track, if I really crave something, I eat it but not the whole serving but 1/3. It works for me. And when I log it and see how much calories it is, I kind of think twice next time. Another thing, if I have hot tea with my meals I feel full faster, so maybe try that. I know it does not sound very exciting, but for me this is better than any diet that I have been on, because you don't have to make special meals or eat the same food/shakes all the time, you can eat anything as long as you try to stay within your calory limit, and yo have to stick to it. And one last thing - when I get hungry I look at the clock to see how long it is to my next meal (let's say lunch) and I think to myself - I am not going to die of starvation before that time, so I just have a glass of water and put my mind into something else. In my opinion the snacks are what makes us fat. So I try to stay away from snacking.
  • dbecker70
    dbecker70 Posts: 161 Member
    You can add me! :flowerforyou: