Confused with weight

Options
Ok I know many will say to stop weighing everyday, however I love it. It keeps me motivated. If I'm up I work and eat better that day, if I'm down I want to stay down. I feel that if I didn't weigh daily I wouldn't know for sure how I'm doing. I don't let it discourage me.
Today has me confused though. I got up and peed and hoped on the scale, I was 1 pound up. Hmm I did good yesterday, ok weird. I head back to bed, my kids climb in, I chat with hubby etc. An hour later I go pee again, my 18 month old comes in and hopes on the scale and then tells me to. I'm back down the pound! Wtf! I weigh 3 times, and yup back to the same as yesterday. I was up earlier then normal. Any ideas?

Replies

• Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Don't take the day-to-day weigh ins so seriously. Things fluctuate a lot. Sodium, hormones, exercise ... these all can impact the scale. The day-to-day number matters a lot less than the overall trend
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As another daily weigher I'd just chalk it up to scale wonkiness and walk away. :laugh:
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Im not really concerned about it, just curious why it went down after laying in bed for an hour, and getting up again around my normal wake up time.
  • Chester_1
    Chester_1 Posts: 26
    Options
    This might be an incredibly silly thing to say, but you said you woke up, went pee, weighed yourself, waited a while, went pee again, and weight less? If you didn't eat or drink anything in between the weigh ins, I would assume going to the washroom would result in some kind of weight loss, wouldn't it? Pee has to weigh something, after all :)