Strength training before and afters

Replies

• SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 457 Member
    I also want to do strength training at home! But don't wanna spend the cash on the workout programs haha... anyone do it on their own using hand weights and body weight?
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Great results beduffbrickie! That's motivating!

thanks hun! yea it was worth the hard work, never felt so good about my appearance in a long time.

Those pictures are only 3 months apart??? thats Insane!
  • Hawksbillus
    Hawksbillus Posts: 128 Member
    If anyone has any weight lifting programs that can be done at home, that would be awesome!

Check out this book:

http://www.amazon.com/You-Are-Your-Own-Gym/dp/0345528581/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333224218&sr=8-1

It's a program for strength training using body weight exercises with little or no equipment.

-jd
  • emgawne
    emgawne Posts: 265 Member
    I have dropped only 3 lbs but lost 10% body fat. Down to 21.8% right now. Pics are in my profile. I'm on my phone or I would post them. Sorry.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    If you want to FR me, I have one in my profile pics that I'm proud of. :smile: In the past 5 months, I've only lost 6 pounds. But when I put pics side by side, I'm happy with what I see!
  • bushidowoman
    pictures of weight training before and after 3months of compound lifting with barbells

Before
    856kg-4113-1.jpg

After
    751kg16mar2-2.jpg

Nice work!!
  • bushidowoman
    after running, boxing & bw exercises

991269_9569.jpg

After 2 1/4 years of lifting (focus on big compound lifts only)
    2012%2B-%2B1
    What a difference! How much time do you put into lifting on the average week? I saw that you lift 3x week, but on those days, how many hours is a normal workout?
  • twildmann
    twildmann Posts: 41
    For the ladies out there....I don't have pics, but I can share my experience with strength training. I started the Shin Ohtake Max Workout about 7 weeks ago. It focuses on weight lifting...and doing fast, but effective workouts. I have seen a HUGE difference in my tone. I actually like what I see when I look in the mirror. I just had my second child 7 months ago and I actually look better now then I did before my first child. I am a big believer in strength training...I have been doing a lot of research and that seems to be the way to go. The more lean muscle mass the higher your metabolism the more calories you burn without doing anything new. Check out some of Shin's workouts on u-tube and good luck.
  • SoapyPonyLevine
    SoapyPonyLevine Posts: 644 Member
    First15days-1-1.jpg
    About 3 months later
    whitebra.jpg
    30-2.jpg

Plus I did all of mine at home!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Great job all!
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,374 Member
    I also want to do strength training at home! But don't wanna spend the cash on the workout programs haha... anyone do it on their own using hand weights and body weight?

I do strength training at home...I use dumbbells & body weight b/c I cannot afford a home gym...Pm me & I can tell you what I do...It's not much but it's a start... :)
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Great results beduffbrickie! That's motivating!

thanks hun! yea it was worth the hard work, never felt so good about my appearance in a long time.

Those pictures are only 3 months apart??? thats Insane!

I know I was shocked at first when I looked back through my photos that I took each week. But I did work so hard and was fairly strict in diet for the first 2months.

Thanks all for the kind comments.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member

What a difference! How much time do you put into lifting on the average week? I saw that you lift 3x week, but on those days, how many hours is a normal workout?

About an hour. Sometimes longer if I'm waiting for partner to change weights though. I do not do ANY fluff exercises. Big compounds only. This maximises training time.

I do other exercise as well as strength stuff on off days. Things like beach walking, hill sprints, pullups & stuff at the jungle gym are my regular stuff :) And thanks for the comment :smile:
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member

I train 3x a week. The only time I've skipped workouts is when I was on holidays. And sometimes I go to the gym on holidays also :p I love it!

Are you talking about Stronglifts 5x5? I dumped Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer and I'm going to start stronglifts this week!
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    <--- if you can see my pics on my profile I do have a 6 week training progress of lifting (just 6 weeks!) and you can tell I am slightly more toned. I need to do another progress photo since it's been another 6 weeks, and my body fat % went down. I have not changed in weight at all. In fact, I've been gaining weight - but that's ok, I'm tracking my measurements and losing inches which counts the most.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member

I train 3x a week. The only time I've skipped workouts is when I was on holidays. And sometimes I go to the gym on holidays also :p I love it!

Are you talking about Stronglifts 5x5? I dumped Jamie Eason's Live Fit Trainer and I'm going to start stronglifts this week!

Good for you! Strong Lifts is a MUCH MUCH better program.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Oh, and someone told me I should post my real before and afters (and not just a link)...

DSC01715-4.jpg

DSC01716-3.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    5133274_4380.jpg
  • sdow
    sdow Posts: 71
    I don't have any before and after pictures, but I have been strength training pretty consistently for the last 13 years. I am 55 and the last time I had a bone density test, the nurse told me I have the bone density of a 27 year old. That has been a few years ago, but I think I can attribute that to strength training. Also, I have fewer aches and pains when I am physically fit than I do when I am not. I think it makes a big difference in my life style.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!