Select Tech Weights...

Options
I would love to get some select tech weights, but they are SO expensive. Any suggestions on alternatives? Or should I just suck it up and save up the money for them?

Replies

• FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    In the push phase there is an ad to get them on a payment plan ... it gives a site of www.chaleanselect.com. It looks like the 5-52lb ones are $399 and they have some sort of financing plan. YOu can also try your local equipment store. I know sports authority will sometimes have 20% or 30% off coupons that they send out or email to you. That would be a great price break!
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at target? They have some that are similar, but with less weight selection so they cost less... but you have to get 2 sets to get the whole range. About 100 for both sets.

or even this?

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Ultimate-Adjustable-Dumbbell/dp/B0045GPUPK/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333117531&sr=8-4
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    If the financing charge is more than 0%, forget it.

They make dumbells that are empty, you can put weight plates on... lots cheaper.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    my boyfriend just recently bought a set second hand as he's in the second phase of P90X. so maybe try craigslist/kijiji/ebay etc...
    he just loves them! he loves how quickly and easily you can adjust your weights for different exercises. and it has increased his workout intensity by a huge amount as compared to just using the strength bands, so I would imagine he'll see the results he's hoping for much sooner.
  • trysha1231
    trysha1231 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all your suggestions. I am going to check it out!