Weight Lifting Help

Options
Hi everyone! I have a question for you all, hopefully someone can help me. I am trying to build/tone the muscles in my arms because i have the famous "bat wings". Which exercises should i be doing to try to reduce these? Is it a lot of weight with few reps or is it a lot of reps with little weight?

What exercises help with the stomach muscles? is the eliptical better then the tredmill?

I am trying to loose about 40lbs as i just got engaged and am getting married next march. i am wearing a strapless wedding gown and i dont want the back/arm fat.

any tips/tricks are appreciated!

Replies

• myak623
    myak623 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce fat. You will have to keep eating at a caloric deficit which will help over time. As far as the lifting is concerned, I would look at compound lifts that work multiple areas, squats, deadlifts, bench and overhead presses.
  • Brooklynmario
    Options
    You can not reduce fat in certain areas. It only goes away as a whole and to do that, you must do some type of cardio like jogging. Now to tone up your arms and abs I suggest bicep curls, tricep extensions, and crunches.