Any Physical Trainers? Knee "crunching"

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Bad knee here as well. I have a doctor's appointment today to get the results of my MRI. So far I know that my knee is badly mal-aligned (knock-kneed) and that there is some wear on the cartilage. The Dr. is concerned about my meniscus hence the MRI. I'm praying everything is ok. I really don't want to have surgery.
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    I was doing side lunges the other day and my right knee sounded like floors in an old house!:laugh: I know it's not helpful but I feel your pain, or hear your knees?
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    mine would do it when I did squats or lunges but I started taking glucosamine sulfate (Walgreens double strength, I think) and it has stopped over the last couple of weeks. it never caused me any pain or discomfort just annoying to listen to. I'm also always very careful that I'm doing the exercises properly, keep the knee behind the toes ;)
  • Ketteelf
    Ketteelf Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the same problem in my knees. I have started taking Schiffs Move Free Ultra and it is much better. I have taken it for less than a month. My Pilates instructor is the one who recomened it to me. She has the same problems and it has helped her as well.
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Mine does too, just the left one. I find it gets worse when I am not careful with form doing lunges and squats. Make sure your knee never passes your toes :)

I'm really careful about that! Thanks!
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Edit: I wish there was some way to make it go away because it does worry me. But I'm without insurance and until it's causing me pain, I can't afford to just go get an opinion.

I feel the same. I can't afford to go, and there's no pain. I am doing exercises to strengthen my quads and hamstrings. I'm hoping that will help. I did have my hip replaced 12 years ago due to a tumor in the bone, but I don't have any pain at all, and I did then. I'll have insurance next year (I just started my job two months ago and they will pay for my insurance after a year) so hopefully the next 10 months are good.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I have that really bad my doctor told me it is arthritis