Today is my first day!

Options
I have hit rock bottom. I just had a birthday and turned 42. I workout regularly, but I am noticing that the scales is starting to climb and I can't get it off. Help!!!. A lot of the boards I read or pictures I see are of people who are younger. I get discouraged because it's harder for us 40+ people who have metabolisms that are starting to slow. I would love to see more post for people that aren't in their 20's-30's. I purchased p90x and haven't started it. I know I could do it, but I almost need someone to plan my meals for me. I am oblivious to doing this.

Replies

• jmw7
    jmw7 Posts: 27
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I am 45 and started MFP in March. I've lost 18 lbs so far and have about 7 more to go. The system does work if you stick to it and are honest with yourself (and the computer). :wink:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    RainbowNtheWaterfall Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!!!...You can do it, don't give up!:flowerforyou: ...feel free to message me anytime, i'll get back to you....
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello & Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • chiro614
    chiro614 Posts: 4
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR VOTE OF CONFIDENCE.:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Chiro, I think you found the 40+ thread. I read your post earlier. Welcome!!! :drinker: A year ago I was on the same boat. My rock bottom was weighing close to 150lb at the end of 2007. I had been trying to lose those last 10 lbs for a couple of yrs then :noway: and it started slowly to increase to 12, 15, 20lbs. I have always exercised but had slowed down a bit. I knew I had to do something different and read somewhere that keeping a food jounal was helpful. Then I found this site, FREE!!!! :drinker: :drinker: Oh, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is sooooo helpful to be able to log in the foods in here. It was also an eye opener. I have learned a lot about foods, calories, nutrients, you name it. And the support and motivation is priceless. You are right, it is harder to lose weight after 40 but I can tell you that it is not impossible. You can do it!!! :flowerforyou: