Picky Eaters

Options
j4nash
j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
I eat anything, can't say the same for the S/O. She tends to be picky when it comes to food. For those that are picky what did you do to overcome it or what do you eat that is healthy?

Replies

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm pretty picky. I try to focus on things I do like and make as many different recipes or variations as I can. There are certain foods that I just love no matter how they're cooked, what's on them or what they're with. For example, I really like chicken. I make buffalo chicken with hot sauce and Walden Farms calorie free blue cheese, chicken sandwich on Arnold's Light wheat bread (40 cal's per slice), chicken tacos, chicken english muffin pizzas, chicken stir fry, grilled chicken salad, chicken veggies & rice, chicken cordon blue with laughing cow cheese and 98% fat free deli ham, chicken salad with fat free mayo, chicken and veggie cabobs on the grill... and so on and so on.

I guess it sounds common sense enough, but I would say focus on what she DOES like and look online for various recipes- some of which you probably never even thought of! There are also websites (although I can't remember the name of it right now- someone help me out, please:tongue: ) where you can input a list of ingredients (what you like, what you have in the fridge and want to get rid of, etc.) and it will search and come up with various recipes that you can make with the ingredient list you provided.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    im the most picky eater that i know, so it is hard to find things that i really like that they say are healthy. i dont like red meat and cottage cheese, ranch anything i just dont care for it. so it will be nice to see what everyone else says
  • j4nash
    Options
    I'm pretty picky. I try to focus on things I do like and make as many different recipes or variations as I can. There are certain foods that I just love no matter how they're cooked, what's on them or what they're with. For example, I really like chicken. I make buffalo chicken with hot sauce and Walden Farms calorie free blue cheese, chicken sandwich on Arnold's Light wheat bread (40 cal's per slice), chicken tacos, chicken english muffin pizzas, chicken stir fry, grilled chicken salad, chicken veggies & rice, chicken cordon blue with laughing cow cheese and 98% fat free deli ham, chicken salad with fat free mayo, chicken and veggie cabobs on the grill... and so on and so on.

I guess it sounds common sense enough, but I would say focus on what she DOES like and look online for various recipes- some of which you probably never even thought of! There are also websites (although I can't remember the name of it right now- someone help me out, please:tongue: ) where you can input a list of ingredients (what you like, what you have in the fridge and want to get rid of, etc.) and it will search and come up with various recipes that you can make with the ingredient list you provided.

Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:

Could you share the recipe for the chicken tacos and chicken english muffin pizzas? Sounds good!
  • tazspastic
    tazspastic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    www.kraftcanada.com Right on the main page you can enter up to three different ingredients and it will search the sight for recipes to include your choices. Its fun for a little variety.
  • j4nash
    Options
    www.kraftcanada.com Right on the main page you can enter up to three different ingredients and it will search the sight for recipes to include your choices. Its fun for a little variety.

cool thanks!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm not sure it qualifies as a "recipe" exactly :laugh: I kinda throw stuff together, cross my fingers, and hope it turns out good.

I grill 99% fat free chicken, then slice it up and add tomato, lettuce, salsa, fat free sour cream, taco sause, fat free cheese and either put it in a low fat wrap, a taco shell, or put it all in a bowl to make a taco salad. Usually I marinate the chicken in fat free Italian dressing, or they also have chicken fajita seasoning you can buy but it's loaded in sodium.

For the English Muffin pizzas, I do the quick version because I'm very impatient. You could also use the oven to cook them if you're blessed with more patience than I am. I toast an English Muffin, put spagetti sauce in the microwave for about a minute, pour it onto the toasted English Muffin, add fat free cheese, and then put that same sliced (really small) chicken from the tacos on top. I'll add green peppers, onions, mushrooms, or whatever else I happen to have. If the cheese doesn't melt well sometimes I'll stick it back in the microwave for a few seconds, but it tends to make the English Muffin mushy.

Hope this helps. I never follow recipes- I'm always bored and like to experiment in the kitchen, but it makes it hard to relay to others since there is no set way to do it :tongue: