Little tricks

As I was reading a post about late night eatting, a lot of people had made suggestions that I had never thought of (like brushing your teeth- what tastes good right after you have brushed your teeth?), and thought it would be interesting to see what other "tricks others may have to help in getting healthy. Here's a couple of mine:

When you buy meat in the deli section, have it shaved rather than sliced. You would me amazed at how much more it seem like you get.

Use small plates at dinner- look like you have more and less likely to take a larger portion
Any others?

Replies

• cmayfield3
    cmayfield3 Posts: 176 Member
    Like the Yogi Berra joke, when we make pizza at home I cut my portion into smaller wedges--it does kind of feel like there's more!
  • DETERMINED1973
    DETERMINED1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you for your suggestions. Instead of getting a fast food meal, I eat a lean cuisine meal. It helps me stay on track and I feel better about myself.

I try something new each week to spice up my diet. New finds:Wheat thins Spicy Buffalo, Kashi TLC Oatmeal and Dark Chocolate cookies and Skippy' Natural Peanut Butter with Honey.
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    I love Stacey's pita chips- the multigrain are great. And I just tried fat free feta cheese- I couldn't tell the differnce. Also new to me is Ken's Steakhouse light options olive oil dressing- great flavor with half the calories of the lite version.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    I like lite laughing cow cheese with melba toast..it helps me forget my chips addiction
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    I eat a lot of Subway and have started getting the kids meal with a 3-inch sandwich. Saves money and calories!
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    I eat a lot of Subway and have started getting the kids meal with a 3-inch sandwich. Saves money and calories!
    Great idea!!! I'll have to try that!