Nearly reached by goal but then what should I do?

Options
I have one more pound to ditch then I will have reached my goal of 1.5 stones lost. Does anyone have any tips for what to do once I reach my goal? I don't want to put it all back on! Should I increase my calories or not?
Thanks

Replies

• rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't vary anything about your workout routine, but switch to maintenance calories for most days. I find that when I'm maintaining (wish I was now, lol!) I have the most success when two random days a week I eat the "trying to lose" calories, sometimes spaced out, sometimes in a row, because it mixes my body up and keeps it from getting "used" to one level of calorie intake. Best of luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    No ideas here, sorry! Hopefully SOMEONE will have some good advice, since I sure could use it myself!
    I reached my goal in December, but have been "yo-yoing" ever since! I gain a few, lose a few, over and over and over again! :grumble: :laugh:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you should switch to the "maintenance" calories and give your body a few weeks to adjust. If you gain over that period of time, you should reduce a little, if you continue to lose, up the cals a little then give your body time to adjust. Continue tweaking until you find your true maintenance level of calories. And, definitely eat your exercise calories!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I think when I reach my goal, I plan to decrease my workouts but eat the same until my maintenance calories plus exercise is the same as what I'm eating now .. kinda the reason why I decided on an extreme fitness plan (I'm not gonna do P90X year round, haha).

If you want to work out the same as you are now, try bumping your calories up by 100 each week until you reach maintenance or your weight starts to climb upward.