My first 5K

Options
FitMomRunning
FitMomRunning Posts: 43 Member
I did it!! Ran my first 5K this morning, which was also the first time I'd run on anything but the treadmill. LOL It was very hard, with hills and one section where we were running on gravel rather than pavement. I was so sure I wasn't going to be able to make my goal of finishing in 30 minutes or less. As I entered the home stretch, I saw that the timer said 29:51. I ran as fast as I could and finished at 29:59. That put me at 63rd overall and the 6th woman in the 30-39 class. I'm so proud of myself!

Replies

• SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    *cheers* CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's really awesome and YAY for coming in under your goal!!!

We're proud of you too!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hey!!!!!!

Awesome time-- way to go!!!!!!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Congrats!
  • JessicaH13
    JessicaH13 Posts: 1
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!!:smile:

I am running my first 5K this Sunday. I just hope to finish it!

Great Job!
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome for your first time. Congratulations.
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    YAY!! I remember my first road races in high school... my first one was a 10K on Memorial Day, I came in at 1:01:59 or something like that... came out to a 9.59 min mile. My next race was that Friday, a 5K, don't remember my time, but I remember by the time I hit mile 2, I had a stitch in my side from HE double hockey sticks!!! I miss road races, and actually plan to work on my legs (sprained my ankle couple years ago, went through physical therapy for it but still having problems with my ankle and shin real bad) and start entering road races again!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great WTG!!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good job!! I can't wait for my first 5k race!!
  • jenstrausbaugh
    Options
    Yeah congrats! I am running my first 5K in August! I am hoping I can do just as well as you!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Congrats! My first 5k is on 6/6...I'm very nervous
  • cherimccoy
    cherimccoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k Saturday too. I finished in 44 minutes and I was so proud of myself. I worked and trained for that 44 minutes. Obviously I have some more training to do. Maybe it will get easier as the pounds come off. That is what I am hoping.

You did great! I know you are proud.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! It feels so good, doesn't it!? I actually got chills as I crossed my finish line. (38:43):blushing:

sign up for another race soon, to keep you motivated and training. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go, that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!