Here two months........

Options
I have lost 18 pounds and am on a plateau, but yesterday I attended a Family gathering to honor a graduate. I wore an outfit that has hung in my closet for two years! and it was a bit loose! I got so many compliments on how good I look, it really made me feel better about the plateau, and things are tightening up without the weight continuing to fall off,Today I am wearing a pear of shorts I haven't been able to for into for almost three years! I did go over a bit on the calories at the Luau, but nothing drastic, I feel victorious and the last 15 pounds better not think they are safe, I am not giving up!

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the weight loss so far! Isn't it GREAT to get compliments and to fit into smaller clothes?!!! :happy:
    Keep up the good work you're doing. Just be patient, and the weight WILL come off! :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    watch out! I went over on my calories and broke my plateau!

Dont be surprised to drop a pound on Wed!
  • alaskancoppertop
    Options
    SYSTEM SHOCK!!!
  • faithjobes
    faithjobes Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    That's a great weight loss for two months! I have only been trying to lose weight seriously for about 2-3 weeks, so far, I'm down 14 lbs!!! I am so happy! I have about 100 more to go but it already feels great to wear two sizes smaller than I usually do. I also ate more than I should have at the memorial day/graduation celebration yesterday but we just have to refocus and continue on! It's weird, I have struggled with my weigh my whole life but this time seems different. I feel like I can really make a permanent chane and never go back! You can lose inches without losing weight so just keep on keepin on and you'll keep seeing results! The proof was in the compliments!!!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    congrats it is such awesome feeling for sure
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    watch out! I went over on my calories and broke my plateau!

Dont be surprised to drop a pound on Wed!

I hope you are right! stuck on that plateau for more than two weeks now!

I really felt fabulous when people who remember me bigger said things like Oh, my gosh I didn't recognize you! and told my husband he had really Married UP! I felt so great to just be acknowledged for what has happened so far! But gotta stay focused, easy to backslide when they send you home with pounds of "leftovers".
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! Thats the biggest compliment ever when other people notice and gotta love beingable to wear clothes you havent seen in years!! I cant wait until I can do the same thing. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    That's why the tape measure is good too. Plenty of times when the scale doesnt budge but the inches melt away. Each day that you stick with it is a day you get stronger.

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
    You must have been smokin :smokin:

Kim
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    hey.... i've been MIA because work has been crazy, but I was catchign up on posts and saw this one.
    WAY TO GO YOU!!!! There's nothing better than getting out those skinny summer clothes!!
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    That's a great weight loss for two months! I have only been trying to lose weight seriously for about 2-3 weeks, so far, I'm down 14 lbs!!! I am so happy! I have about 100 more to go but it already feels great to wear two sizes smaller than I usually do. I also ate more than I should have at the memorial day/graduation celebration yesterday but we just have to refocus and continue on! It's weird, I have struggled with my weigh my whole life but this time seems different. I feel like I can really make a permanent chane and never go back! You can lose inches without losing weight so just keep on keepin on and you'll keep seeing results! The proof was in the compliments!!!
    14 pounds and you are already down 2 sizes? I am extremely jealous. I am down 10 (it was 12 but I somehow gained 2 this past week) and not really anywhere close to being 1 size down!

and awesome job, czew!
  • flairbear
    flairbear Posts: 38
    Options
    wow!
    you really inspire me :)
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Four days later, still no change. I think I have this thing figured out all wrong, maybe it is not just the calories, but the combination of what they are, perhaps not enough carbs, too much protien and not enough fat! I need help from someone who knows! uuuggghhhhh!
  • chellebelle315
    Options
    Look for Banks posts there's a great one about plateauing...

Or I could not be lazy and post it for you...this is a great thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/20343-how-i-have-avoided-plateauing-length-warning
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    that is so awesome. way to go :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!