Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

lose my belly fat

2»

Replies

• EmRobo
    EmRobo Posts: 146 Member
    what are ab vacuums TinkerBelz?

Doing planks and ab vacuums stregthens your tranverse ab muscles. Those are your innder abs and they pull in your tummy.

You can Google it or Youtube it to see examples. But it is pulling in your tummy as if someone is going to punch you in the stomach. It is NOT sucking in and holding your breath, but it is pulling your abs in...like your belly button to your back.

When I first started, you could not even tell that I was pulling them in, and now a month later, I can get them flat. Some people can pull their abs up far into their ribcage. Kinda gross looking, but an awesome exercise!

Body builders used to do them a lot...if you look at Arnold Swarzennegar (however you spell it) He was famouse for doing an ab vacuum during his posing...that is how he was able to pull all of his ab muscles in.

A side note: this is great for women to do too, because we use those same muscles in child birth! :)

Excellent thanks for this.
    I do crunches, reverse crunches, plank and other bits but here is another good one.
    Should you being doing so many a day? so many a minute? etc

Thanks
  • kaylz0106
    kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
    Wow, just googled ab vacuums. Those look fierce. Definitely adding to my workout asap. :noway:

These work great if you have an office job aswell people. I do them at my desk and while walking.....they dont have to be as extreme as some people can do them but it all links with the whole "suck your tummy in while exercising" that my personal trainer seems to be fond of!
  • kaylz0106
    kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
    [/quote]

Excellent thanks for this.
    I do crunches, reverse crunches, plank and other bits but here is another good one.
    Should you being doing so many a day? so many a minute? etc

Thanks
    [/quote]

If your starting off you should be holding it for 10 and building it up....when you can do it for a longer period of time its great to add weights too.
  • byroman
    byroman Posts: 75 Member
    I have added a couple teaspoons of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) before meals. Seems to be working for me. Supposed to have something to do with the acetic acid working to reduce the impact of the insulin spike you get when you eat. Just my suggestion, but don't take my word for it, do a little research to see if it is right for you. It is all over the forum posts here and elsewhere on the internet.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Abs are made in the kitchen. Eat a very clean diet, exercise and stay within your calories. You'll get there! Good luck!
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Its my understanding that fat is expelled from the body through the bloodstream.

Fat never technically leaves the body unless removed manually like with lipo. The fat cells only reduce in size. You can gain fat cells but never rid of them.

Gotta love anatomy classes :)
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Dr. oz was talking about this on his show yesterday. Check out his page he has some helpful tips but there is no way to spot reduce. Pilates is a great start though.. Really helps those core muscles which will make you appear slimmer :)
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    You need to eat clean, avoid sugars and lose overall body fat. You can't spot reduce. Cardio and lifting heavy. Also, to build abs you have to get off the floor. Abs are not made by just doing crunches
  • kcphilly
    kcphilly Posts: 71
    Wow, just googled ab vacuums. Those look fierce. Definitely adding to my workout asap. :noway:

Me too, had never heard of them!

To the OP, if there was a magic cure that person would be filthy rich!! Well there's already enough scam diet people making money claiming their pills have the answer to burning stomach fat etc.
  • Dawn3218
    Dawn3218 Posts: 80
    Fat never technically leaves the body unless removed manually like with lipo. The fat cells only reduce in size. You can gain fat cells but never rid of them.

Gotta love anatomy classes :)
    [/quote]

I just thought that when I lose my fat it loves me so much it keeps coming back to find me ..... now I know different :flowerforyou:
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    peanutbutter? Man you jumped the gun..Sunday is April fools day....
  • katiedid1226
    katiedid1226 Posts: 231 Member
    In addition to the fat, is there bloating? Check your diet...you may have some reactions (not necessarily allergies) to things like wheat, legumes, dairy. It really keeps my bloating down if I avoid these things. Just my two cents!
  • Sofithomas
    Sofithomas Posts: 118
    Cleeeaaaan diet for about 80-90 percent of the time. You can probably lose weight off eating junk and staying within your calorie limit, but you won't look as defined or healthy. Whenever I eat 'clean' (so many variations on one little word) I have better hair, skin, mood...and my stomach and thighs are way way less water retention-y. Lol.

ironically I don't think I have done one crunch to flatten my stomach, just heavy lifting cardio and some core work (great for posture and even the rest of your body!)
  • Jeanette Jenkins DVD - "Blast the Belly Fat". I do the warm up and one circuit which is 20 minutes a day. I had a baby 7 months ago and this has really helped the flabby belly. Good luck!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    I ate a balanced diet of pizza, chicken, bbq ribs, corn dogs, soda, beer, white rice, etc. etc.. but at a mild calorie deficit to lose mine. Squats, running, and deadlifts were used to strengthen my core. It worked for me.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    I have always ate pretty clean, but what has REALLY been helping me recently is eating gluten free (I accidentally discovered I have an allergy to it, causes many things like bloating, migraines and arthritis for me) LAY OFF THE SALT - I use Mrs. Dash for everything now, I've given up my garlic salt and hot sauce (2 things I put in everything I ate), drink lots of water, make sure you're getting enough fiber, and going over your fiber with fresh veggies, and high intensity interval training. Hope this advice helps. I just lost 1.2% body fat in 3 weeks and an inch off my waist doing these things. I still have a little ways to go. A combination of strength training, cardio and clean eating have helped me get closer to the goal.
  • I put peanut butter on my belly and burned about a 1000cals running away from some neighborhood dogs.

I actually LOL'ed!! Brilliant!