Military

Options
Anyone else here serving, in process to be serving, or have served? I'm processing my way into the Army right now, and I'll be in basic before the year ends (probably before winter even starts)! I'd like to get to know some of you better, if you all exist! I looked through groups tagged Military, but didn't find much besides a few wives' groups.
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• WILSONBA
    WILSONBA Posts: 197
    Options
    i go for meps on monday and will be in the navy boot camp in 3-6 months. i'm signing active, i'm more excited than nervous. my dad served army and navy, and my uncle and grandfather did navy as well. guess i'm following their foot steps, any who friend me if you'd like!
  • Nymeria24
    Options
    Hey there! I just enlisted and I'm heading to Navy boot camp in May. It's awesome to find some people on here that are doing the same thing I am =)
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Proud of you ladies! :) I'm glad that there's women out there like me who are joining, instead of saying it's only for men! I'm finishing up pre-enlistment papers, like fingerprints, physicals, etc. I'm headed to MEPS next week to get my physical done, and soon after that, I'm signing into the Army! :)
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Was AD Infantry, now a Drill Sergeant in the Reserves. Ill answer questions if I can.
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Active duty Army. Will be ETSing in a few months but still on Active duty for now. Good luck!
  • DaisyHamilton
    Options
    Was AD Infantry, now a Drill Sergeant in the Reserves. Ill answer questions if I can.
    Thanks! I'll remember to come your way if I need a question answered!
  • DaisyHamilton
    Options
    Active duty Army. Will be ETSing in a few months but still on Active duty for now. Good luck!
    Thanks! :) Nice to see others on here who serve.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Active Duty Navy, here to answer questions if you need anything :)
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Army Aviation Branch AIT PSG here. Well, I was until this past friday, now I'm PCSing to Fort Campbell.
  • lulu9663
    lulu9663 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I just got out of the Air Force about a year ago. It was fun, and stressful at the same time. But I absolutely loved it. Feel free to message me if you have questions about MEPS, or basic training in general. I know there's probably been some odd questions you've been dying to ask. lol

ETA: I went to tech school (Army calls it AIT) at Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS. Then I was stationed at Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, NV. PCSing was the worst...
  • jmatthews75
    jmatthews75 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Marine Corps 95 to 99.. Infantry.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Active duty Navy as well.
  • LenaMena87
    LenaMena87 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm now in the process of applying to NAVAL OCS this fall!
  • Nastasha915
    Nastasha915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi, Currently AD air force, but my enlistment is about to end and going reserve. Good Luck.
  • cohophysh
    cohophysh Posts: 288
    Options
    Navy vet here, take advantage of any and all training and take advantage of any college funds AND have fun HAZE GRAY and UNDERWAY....lastly, hopefully someone told you soon to be squids about crossing the equator....have fun with that trip
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Retired Air Force, now work as a civilian quality assurance analyst for the Dept of Defense. Always willing to help those who proudly serve!!!
  • csparon
    csparon Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Anyone else here serving, in process to be serving, or have served? I'm processing my way into the Army right now, and I'll be in basic before the year ends (probably before winter even starts)! I'd like to get to know some of you better, if you all exist! I looked through groups tagged Military, but didn't find much besides a few wives' groups.
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I go to Navy Recruit Training Command in July 2012 - I have been in DEP since November 2011! Ready to ship out! :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Navy vet here, take advantage of any and all training and take advantage of any college funds AND have fun HAZE GRAY and UNDERWAY....lastly, hopefully someone told you soon to be squids about crossing the equator....have fun with that trip
    Ha! Only if you even have a chance of getting orders on a ship.
  • jill92787
    jill92787 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ha! Only if you even have a chance of getting orders on a ship.

Or if your ship is ever going to leave the shipyards.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have never served in the armed forces, but to all of you current and former servicemen and women - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!